Tank shelters for ty250 monos

thai-ty

On the verge of locating and (hopefully) purchasing a 2nd plastic tank. Anybody own one of Paul @ Shedworks tank shelters for a ty250 mono? IMO they look great, but...

Questions;

How easy is it to remove for servicing the air filter? Do you remove the shelter and the tank stays in place each time? Or is the rear tank bolt not fitted and the whole thing pivots up at the front?

How strong is it? ie can you sit on it, resting, in between sections?

Any other opinions?

Thanks in advance.

I have one on mine and it is pretty robust (I fall off a lot), strong enough to sit on, easy to remove - two screws at the rear sides and one bolt through at the front, undo the petrol tank cap and lift it off leaving the tank, air box etc all in place.

The only mods I'd suggest is lowering the front of the air box and possibly drilling some air holes in both sides of the shelter to improve air flow and heat dissipation as it sits snuggly down on the frame tubes and is fairly tight to the air box top.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bit of a zombie late update, apologies.

Bought two from Paul April last year (2018) and they've been on the bikes for over a year.

Took my old steel tanks and seat units back to the UK in suitcases on a family holiday and got more than i was hoping for on Ebay. No shortage of interest.

New shelters are Yamaha yellow and a sorta Bultaco blue similar to my avatar and in my album.

No faults, can't recommend them highly enough.

Oh yeah, here's some pics.023.thumb.jpg.980a24005a11d219fbf9987d15c445d0.jpg024.thumb.jpg.ce97349f243b50b5cfc2598b84df7b06.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, thai-ty said:

Bit of a zombie late update, apologies.

Bought two from Paul April last year (2018) and they've been on the bikes for over a year.

Took my old steel tanks and seat units back to the UK in suitcases on a family holiday and got more than i was hoping for on Ebay. No shortage of interest.

New shelters are Yamaha yellow and a sorta Bultaco blue similar to my avatar and in my album.

No faults, can't recommend them highly enough.

Oh yeah, here's some pics.023.thumb.jpg.980a24005a11d219fbf9987d15c445d0.jpg024.thumb.jpg.ce97349f243b50b5cfc2598b84df7b06.jpg

Very nice bikes??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1