Beta Evo 4t Air Screw ????

chappo

These carbs are basically the same used on all the small 4 strokes for the last 30 plus years. You just are not used to this adjustment being there as they come plugged or capped. (due to emission standards)  They are on 4 wheelers, three wheelers and motorcycles. They are fuel screws. You can never go by an owners  manual as things are lost in translation. In is lean, out is more fuel.

PS You did not move the fuel valve to prime?

Edited by lineaway

8 hours ago, lineaway said:

These carbs are basically the same used on all the small 4 strokes for the last 30 plus years. You just are not used to this adjustment being there as they come plugged or capped. (due to emission standards)  They are on 4 wheelers, three wheelers and motorcycles. They are fuel screws. You can never go by an owners  manual as things are lost in translation. In is lean, out is more fuel.

PS You did not move the fuel valve to prime?

OK, you guys are convincing me. I'll get the carb out again (PITA) and wind it out another half-turn. See if that does it. If it does richen it, it might run a bit cooler as well.

PS I run the fuel tap on the solenoid setting and only open it manually when I need to top up the carb before starting. I am slightly suspicious that it leaks a bit as the garage continually smells of petrol, but I need to do some more investigation there.

Thanks for all the help guys , had a 'tweek' yesterday and she's running nice and clean at two turns out with the Jitsie FUEL screw.

What also didn't help during all this was that she was running hot due to a poor electrical connection that was causing the fan to run at half speed. The connection was one of the many above the top of the carb shock absorber area, only noticed it when I cleaned the air filter.

( noticed the slow running fan when cleaning her off after the trial ).

• 2 weeks later...