Verti-no-go

Kip

I've just had a look at upgrading my 300 icehell for a new 2018 model to find Vertigo are only producing the titanium model R and the new Virtical model. All good and well until you read the spec and see that the virtical model is last years  Camo spec but at icehell price. Sorry but at £7000 I would be buying a bike with less spec than what I have. Full details on Spanish Vertigo website. Someone Please prove me wrong that Vertigo are not trying to rip me off....

The new model does have the Ice hell / Fajardo replica frame and the linkage from the Fajardo replica. Compared to this years Ice Hell you will not get the Ti header and the lighter rear wheel. But with the 2018 you do get improvements. If I were in the market for a new one I wouldn't hesitate. 

In the end a Vertigo is the best you can buy ;)

Edited by tcrhino
  • Like 2

I'm not sure about pricing... if the Vertical is indeed the same price as an Ice Hell was, then yes, they've raised prices. But as far as the lineup goes, what they've done makes a lot of sense. The Ice Hell didn't really have much need to continue to exist in light of the Fajardo replica. But if everything went up in price in the process, I think they're going to price themselves out of the market in short order.

• Like 1

Top notch components have a price. Of course that higher price will influence buying decisions, but buying behaviour tends to be less affected by pricing for hobby and sports stuff.

Compare it with the BMW GS range: not really the cheapest offering, but people still buy it.

They seem to hold there value second hand 2017 onwards, the earlier/first models seem to be going fairly cheap , i agree that 7 thousand pounds for what is in effect the standard model is abit much compared to the 2018 sherco beta and trs models which are all around the 6 grand mark , what are you actually getting for your money ? Is the build quality,reliability,ride that much better?