Beta evo 4t light wiring

thall1

Just bought a 2013 evo 4t...the lights and light control switch have been removed ... After having a look over the bike I have noticed that under the right hand side frame cover what I think is a connector for the light loom to light switch- with a blue and a white/blue wire has been linked together?.. Any ideas why this should be?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey, I have 2012 Beta Evo 4t and just made some pictures. I had 2 headlights in bits at the moment. DSCF8232.JPGDSCF8233.JPGDSCF8234.JPGDSCF8235.JPG

DSCF8236.JPG

On last picture I am showing what comes out of black box with red switch(engine stop) and black switch(lights on/off). Black switch would lead to white big connectors near my index finger. Engine stop switch lead to small connectors near my thumb.

Edited by klonheadd

On 9/26/2017 at 5:48 PM, thall1 said:

Hi thanks for the reply... What I can't work out though is why the redundant light 2 pin connection would be bridged across?... If you disconnect the lights why would you need to bridge the redundant connector?

The diagram appears to show a handlebar switch which also has a horn switch and kill switch incorporated.  It is unlikely you have this set up, probably just the black switch box by the radiator shown in klonheadd's post.

In your diagram (and it is the same wiring colours with the small black switch box when you look at the "race" wiring diagram) the on/off switch for the lights links the blue wire (Bl) and the white and blue wire (Bi-Bl) to make the lights work.  So the previous owner probably linked these two wires, either to make the lights work (continuously) without the need for a switch, or perhaps just thought they needed to be linked.  Providing neither wire was shorted anywhere to earth, I don't think any harm will have been done.