Two bikes in a Vauxhall combo 06 model

spudsdad

I'm guessing you won't have too big a problem with height. I carry my bike in a Citroen Berlingo car and it just squeezes in on height. If I lean the bike or turn the steering the handlebars did into the roof lining. Like-for-like a van with no headlining is going to give you a couple of inches extra headroom.

In the Berlingo, the front passenger seat has to be pushed right forward do the front wheel can go down into the rear seat footwell. In a van with a fixed bulkhead you wouldn't be able to do that. Someone told me you can get two bikes into a Berlingo but I can't see how.

Of course, all my thoughts are specific to the Berlingo, but you could probably get comparative dimensions for the two vehicles in order to see how relevant my comments are to your situation.

9 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I'm guessing you won't have too big a problem with height. I carry my bike in a Citroen Berlingo car and it just squeezes in on height. If I lean the bike or turn the steering the handlebars did into the roof lining. Like-for-like a van with no headlining is going to give you a couple of inches extra headroom.

In the Berlingo, the front passenger seat has to be pushed right forward do the front wheel can go down into the rear seat footwell. In a van with a fixed bulkhead you wouldn't be able to do that. Someone told me you can get two bikes into a Berlingo but I can't see how.

Of course, all my thoughts are specific to the Berlingo, but you could probably get comparative dimensions for the two vehicles in order to see how relevant my comments are to your situation.

To make it easier to fit just one in the (early) Berlingo trapezeartist I made an infill for the footwell so that the wheel does not drop in, thus the bike can sit diagonally with no lifting of the wheel required to get it out.   Much easier on your back.  

To fit two you put the second bike in back wheel first and turn the front across towards the other bike.  It is a squeeze but much easier the second time and you can still carry a passenger.  You might find it easier if you compress the forks with a strap.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke