4RT an 4RIDE Water crossing

pug

4RT an 4RIDE Water crossing so on the lanes last week I came to a river crossing and I took a pass and went round the water was about 2 foot deep in parts an it was 100 plus yards of stream bed to ride into then up stream and out. what I'm asking is the Montesa good to go in water just short of the air box top or should I steer clear. I would have not given it a 2nd look on the TTr 250 she,s good for near 3 feet under side of the seat kind of stuff so what about the 4ride under side of the top of the front tire kind of thing ?

Pug

• 5 months later...
On 28/09/2017 at 12:12 PM, stevecollie said:

Stay Clear unless you have a "Snorkel"...... :o

Then get a "Snorkel" fitted to the bike :D

It's me "Clarky"

Hey Clarky...ye dont know me but i did watch yer youtube vid on the hydrolock...i just drowned my 4ride a few weeks ago. But it survived. But it needed a new condenser n rectifier n a lot o checking..there was water in everything. Ive watched yer vids on the tube...brill..where ye fae am in motherwell. I was lucky to say the least it coukdve been much worse. Me n the bike went totaly under the water n it was just a ouddle in a track..i didnt know how deep it was till i saw the front wheel dissapear..coukdnt get ma right boot off the peg quick enough tae get ma foit down n we both fell over..probably 2 plus feet o water