Wet alpinestars

martydee

I found the same with mine although they are so comfy and I wear seal skins socks so not an issue. They do become a little weighty when wet i guess but thats the same for most boots. 

I always used to wear gaerne but don't find them all that comfy anymore, was thinking of trying sidi....

Not sure what type of or the quality of the leather but if it is typical stuff you can always consider putting a little bit of mink oil on them.  It isn't likely to make them waterproof but it should prevent them from soaking up as much water so they aren't as heavy.  

Works well on my older Alpinestars No Stops... (guessing you have the Alpinestars Tech T's)

Edited by jonnyc21

As time has gone on, my Forma Boulder boots are neither comfy nor waterproof (or even resistant), and are wearing really badly on top of the left toes ... which seems like really bad value for money to me <_<

Conversely, my street bike Alpinestars are super waterproof, comfy, and apparently indestructable.  So I'm a little disappointed to hear their trials boots aren't any good, 'cause I was going to go for a set of those next year.

21 hours ago, oni nou said:

Saddle oil [Horses]....... leather boots are not waterproof [wear waterproof socks with a goretex lining]......they can be water resistant if you apply waxes or oils ........if you want waterproof boots buy rubber or plastic boots.

Have had many a pair of gearne  boots 

far superior boot in terms of waterproofing and yea I had to buy waterproof socks 

tried Duck wax helps a bit 

wouldn't ever recomend the Alpinestars to anyone 

Marty 

4 hours ago, turbofurball said:

As time has gone on, my Forma Boulder boots are neither comfy nor waterproof (or even resistant), and are wearing really badly on top of the left toes ... which seems like really bad value for money to me <_<

Conversely, my street bike Alpinestars are super waterproof, comfy, and apparently indestructable.  So I'm a little disappointed to hear their trials boots aren't any good, 'cause I was going to go for a set of those next year.

I feel their trials boots are great quality, just not waterproof.  They are not designed to be...  then again almost no trials boots are, the one pair gearne has being the only exception.  (There is a sidi rain discovery boot based on trials boots as well, but not a true trials boot though I hear they do brake in and work well over time...)  

if you don't want wet feet, then as stated get some waterproof socks.

my mink oil trick isn't to make them waterproof but to just reduce the amount of water they soak up, I do the same with my wife's non waterproof gearne's.  

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1