Advice Buying a Evo 4T factory 2017 or wait for a Evo 4T 2018?

luc

Hello,

i'm from Belgium and have an almost new Beta Rev4 250cc. Now i would like to buy a new Evo 300 4T.
I have the choice between the 2017 Evo 300 4T factory model and if I wait i can buy the new 2018 model.

What would you guys do? Buying the factory or wait for the 2018. I dont know if the changes on the
2018 model make that big diffecence. The factory will have a better suspension i gues.
Thanks for your oppinion.

Greathings,
Luc

20170416_141454.jpg

Hey, very nice Rev4t there. 

Factory will come with breaktec master cylinders but no caliper. Also Beta titanium pipe, but I think Arrow titanium exhaust might be better. There's supposed to be nicer shock with more fluid capacity on '17 factory+different linkage. And forks with compression regulation. but... 

I would buy standard version and put myself Arrow exhaust, Ohlins shock. Also breaktec clutch/brake master cylinders and caliper + galfer pads. Actually that's what I did with my evo 4t and it rocks!

To top it off - Tech forks with CostaSpecialParts/Bosi 39mm clamps(+compatible wheel). That would give you much better suspension than factory version in my opinon. 

Edited by klonheadd

Buy the Factory, you get way more for your dollars. My buddy was being cheap and bought the standard model last year and was quite disappointed. His son rides a 2017 Factory 300. So he see`s the difference every time he goes riding. Not any real changes to the 2018, so the Factory is by far the better deal. My son also rides one and loves it.

Thanks guys for the answers,

I understand what Klonheadd writes but i dont have the budget to rebuild the std. Evo 300. Ik cann buy
both bikes for the same price so. As i cann read the 2017 Factory 300 will be the best choise for my budget.

Both bikes are brand new. I hope it is really a difference between my 250 Rev4 and the Evo 300 4T.

Greathings & have a nice weekend,

Luc

I have the 2016 factory 300 4t. Lot's of power, once the jetting is figured out (replaced stock 120 main with a 127.5) bike starts good. Put an Ohlin on the rear, once it was revalved it works as good as the stock shock! Also have the 2017 Factory 250 2t. love it too. If they're the same price, get the Factory model.

Iff anyone would like to buy my Beta Rev4 250cc - 2008 in brand new condition...just let me know.

The bike is road registered .  Price 2300 pound including full service at dealer this week.
Delivering in UK is poussible if you take me out for a nice ride in de neighborhoud .
More picture...just mail.

Greathings,
Luc