Jump to content

papapitufo

OSSA TR280 software.

Recommended Posts

On 22/6/2018 at 1:02 PM, mge said:

hello everyone.

i dont know if this is the right spot to ask but have to start somewhere.

have a 2012 tr280i thats really hard to start. i have just purchased a diagnostic link cable but am not having any luck with getting the k-scan program.

not too many people to turn to in rural australia.

have done lots of reading these forums but still cant really put my finger on the problem. wanted to see what the ecu is reading before pulling anything else appart

thanks for any help .

mark.

I was able to start the first or second kick.
It is necessary to have a very clean filter, butterfly and admission.
I mix it at 0.6% (30cc per 5 liters)
It also helps to reset the tps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I've mentioned it before- but I've made a mod that make the OSSA very easy to start.

 A small LiPo battery that is only triggered when you hold down a 'kill button' style switch. they 'wakes up' the ECU and also runs the fuel pump.  really makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 6/27/2018 at 6:57 PM, lotus54 said:

I've mentioned it before- but I've made a mod that make the OSSA very easy to start.

 A small LiPo battery that is only triggered when you hold down a 'kill button' style switch. they 'wakes up' the ECU and also runs the fuel pump.  really makes a difference.

Hi. im looking to make some adjustments to my tr 300i since adding a flywheel weight recently. would you be able to point me in the right direction for software plse lotus54?.. kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 10/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, mikeyzce said:

Hi. im looking to make some adjustments to my tr 300i since adding a flywheel weight recently. would you be able to point me in the right direction for software plse lotus54?.. kind regards

It is a hardware addition.  Very simple.  

A very small 12V LiPo battery is connected to a momentary switch. I choose to put it on the right handlebar, using a KTM style kill button. Installing it there means I take my hand off the throttle when pushing the button- so I don’t move the throttle when starting. That output from the switch is fed to the 12V + of the ECU connector. (- is connected all the time).  So when the button is pushed, 12V is applied to the system, running the fuel pump for a second or two. At least for me, it makes for much easier starting (even better than the ‘easy start’) and also is a LOT easier if you run out of fuel.

I posted a diagram here, I’ll find that and add the link.

Mark

 

 

Edited by lotus54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
36 minutes ago, lotus54 said:

It is a hardware addition.  Very simple.  

A very small 12V LiPo battery is connected to a momentary switch. I choose to put it on the right handlebar, using a KTM style kill button. Installing it there means I take my hand off the throttle when pushing the button- so I don’t move the throttle when starting. That output from the switch is fed to the 12V + of the ECU connector. (- is connected all the time).  So when the button is pushed, 12V is applied to the system, running the fuel pump for a second or two. At least for me, it makes for much easier starting (even better than the ‘easy start’) and also is a LOT easier if you run out of fuel.

I posted a diagram here, I’ll find that and add the link.

Mark

 

 

hi, Thanks, although my bike does not need this addition. I should have been more clear in my response, i am in need of the diagnostic software, i have tried with some sent by members here although i cannot get it to unzip through dropbox.  "torrent is not valid bencoding" is what i end up with using various winrar or rar file openers.. plse help ;(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hello. Are there any members here on this thread able to help me. I am desperately trying to sort my bike out. Just needs fettling since adding my flywheel weight. So looking to get the software to attempt running the cable mod I have carried out.  A few members here have sent me links but I'm unable to get anywhere near opening them. If someone can help please fire away.

 

Kind regards 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have not had anyone say they couldn’t open the file from Dropbox so far.

Did you get a link from me?  It is too large to send via email and since I’m in the States putting it on a USB drive or something would be slow and a bit expensive. PM/Email me and we can try my link, or come up with another solution.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hello,

I am Italian but I have an Explorer 2015 in Tenerife.

it has only 1000 km more or less but it stopped and never started again.

2 mechanics here do not know what to do.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

I do not know much sbout motorcycles, I bought the ossa because it is 70 kg,

light for my campervan.

As of now I want to sell it, but if it does not start.....

In short I am looking for someone that might be or come to Tenerife who could help me. 

Thank you.

Best,

Dario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

 Tank you so much Papapitufo, I called the shop you suggested in grand canaria but they say they do not repair ossa  and tthey do not have the software .

 I think I will get the software and the cables myself, if I do not find any other option . Any other suggestion would be very welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...