folding (unbreakable) brake and clutch levers Rev3

pat22043

I have recently bought an 06 Rev3, took it to my first trials event, and dropped it. No big deal, but broke off the front brake lever. I will order a stock replacement, but I like to carry spares. Are there folding brake and clutch levers? I tried googling and am not having any luck finding something that fits and folds. Or any other technology that keeps rocks and trees from breaking levers?

Not sure if any lever is guaranteed unbreakable.

I had the same problem with my sons bike, levers bending regularly, and bought a set of flexi levers from Splat Shop in England.

Very happy problem solved I would recommend. 

I have used bendy Apico levers for the last 4 years, fantastic never bust a lever but I've always struggled with stalling but put it down to an overactive clutch finger !! My mate convinced me to try the std levers again as he reckoned the bendy lever setup gave a s**te lever movement, done 3 trials now and only 1 stall so no more bendy levers for me.

There will be a cheap set of levers on ebay shortly ?

Edited by taff_d
  • Like 1

When I bought my 2016 250 it came with foldable levers. I removed them after the first ride. Bulky and no feel. If you move the m/c farther down the bars you get more leverage and it is harder to break a lever. S3 digits are what we run.

Lineaway is (as usual) correct. Since it’s typically only one finger  operation for trials controls you can run the lever perch closer to the bend in the bars. This also adds a bit of leverage. You can also leave the perch loose enough to rotate in a crash or put PTFE tape around the bar. Also note you have a fairly short activation throw with trials controls so there’s no need to have the out travel of the lever hanging too far out. Not really related but sorta... I highly recommend bar ends. They save grips but also protect the throttle assembly and I do think they preserve levers a little bit.

• Like 1