Mecatecno T18

dan williams

• 1 month later...

Bit late but, yes, I rode the Dragonfly and had a very good discussion with Jordi. His desire to build this bike but to make it arrive as a perfect bike is justifiable in the delays we've heard about. He talked about development issues,changes to parts,testing, retesting new parts,batteries. Thoroughly and intricately improving ready to launch. The bike has a switch to make it live and is silent, bear in mind it's my first ride on an electric bike. The version I rode had two gears but the final version will have 5. It has a clutch and brakes as per a normal Trials bike. Once everything was explained I pulled away and got a feel for the throttle,clutch and brakes and I'm surprised that the feel of everything is incredibly normal, I didn't have to adapt my riding to suit. The power is similar to a petrol powered bike,metered out beautifully and reacts with clutch and throttle just as you are familiar with other bikes. It weighed 57 kg but Jordi said the final version will aim to be 50 kg which is hugely noticeable weight difference. It has a battery giving 2 to 3 hrs and should come with a spare which can be fully charged to take with you ready to swap over. I rode with a friend who is an aircraft engineer and he is not easily pleased, after a ride he asked when he can buy one. Top secret was a world class rider had a test with us while the show was quiet, he mustn't be mentioned as he asked me to not post footage as he'd be in trouble with his team, I gave my word. His reaction was one to see, he really rode it and declared it absolutely brilliant. I'm just waiting to get one and luckily we have a local dealer in waiting for the UK.

• Like 3

I’d be happy to have it weight the same as my Beta with a larger battery too.

I just had a thought. Would be interesting if someone like Honda bought Jordi out and started cranking these out. They are surprisingly quiet on the electric bike front. I guess there’s that e-assist thing. Ewwww. The Beta decides where I’m going on its own enough already.

Edited by dan williams

Now if they could just fit a hinge in the middle and produce a nice storage bag I could take it on the train as hand luggage. Fit some fizzie pedals on it and ride on the rode as a mountain bike?

What a fantastic development and still they get lighter. No ethanol attacking the fuel system issues either. The price is a tad eye watering for me though.?

• 5 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, oni nou said:

same as the GasGas?

Yes, but the price is over $4k euro less than Gasgas. Only 180 being dragonflys being produced this year vs. 200 GasGas. I'm very tempted, but also leery of first year products.

I'd also like to see some more info on weight, battery size, ride time, charger, options etc.