Trials boots sole repair DIY - photos included

klonheadd

After applying about half of 59ml tube of shoe-goo. You can get shoe-goo for less than 10 pounds from eBay. This stuff releases toxic gases, really bad for your health, so I advise doing that job outside.

DSCF8429.JPG

DSCF8428.JPG

DSCF8430.JPG

DSCF8432.JPG

Edited by klonheadd

And finally this is how the soles look after 1 hour test ride in woods. When I was riding I lost some confidence in this fix and thought I would easily get through the shoe-goo patch. But to my surprise, riding hasn’t done almost any damage at all. I am impressed by how well shoe-goo has glued to rest of the sole. That fix should last a good while and you can always put some new layers of shoe-goo on top of old ones.  

DSCF8420.JPG

DSCF8419.JPG

Edited by klonheadd
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 9:08 AM, klonheadd said:

And finally this is how the soles look after 1 hour test ride in woods. When I was riding I lost some confidence in this fix and thought I would easily get through the shoe-goo patch. But to my surprise, riding hasn’t done almost any damage at all. I am impressed by how well shoe-goo has glued to rest of the sole. That fix should last a good while and you can always put some new layers of shoe-goo on top of old ones.  

DSCF8420.JPG

DSCF8419.JPG

How are they holding up with the Shoe Goo??

Maybe when the foot rests with their aggressive teeth have reeked their vengance on your good repair how about this suggestion. Shave off the grips where the footrests dig in and make that area as smooth as allows. As you don’t need grip for walking where the footrest area is select a harder compound shoe repair sole and cut a similar sized piece and glue that in place. This should give the footrest teeth something to grip on, prevent the teeth from making it uncomfortable for your feet and possibly lasting longer. Alternatively industrial rubber alternatives etc could be used. A good shoe repairer might even be able to stitch and stick a hard wearing section in place.....bet it won’t be long before someone soon finds another use for Shoe Goo!?

• 3 months later...