Busto and Fajardo to Gas Gas

NAD1

I have a few thoughts on this...

• Dibs has had his best performances this year on the GG and I think for him to leave GG would be a backwards step for his results.  Can't see him going to Beta regardless - have seen footage of him before being frustrated about performance problems with the bikes when he was there. 
  • Busto has been getting stronger and stronger, and looks really strong on the 4RT.  I think the only thing holding his results back is his temperament - if he works on that then he can compete with Bou on a technical level.  Raga still consistently beats Busto because his attitude is in the right place.
  • Is Busto going to have a shock going from a factory 4RT to a GG?!

Honda racing have released their full off-road team for 2018 and busto isn’t on the list so I would imagine some sort of announcement is imminent , I agree Dabill shouldn’t be on anything but a gas gas he rides it really well but I can’t see that they are going to have fajardo dabill and busto there ,dabill back to vertigo??

Well, if this Busto thing is true, I think we're going to see Fajardo as Busto's only teammate, and Dabill will be back at Beta (since we already know Casales is at Vertigo). It's the only way I can imagine not being supremely upset with GG spending way too much money to go racing... although how they convinced Busto to leave Honda might be just as painful.

Edited by heffergm

Shame if Dabill not there 2018.

Like a few others I think Dibs has been at his absolute best on the Gas Gas - great if they could keep him but seems improbable IF Fajardo / Busto happens.

Also got Grattarola and Kadlec in Trial GP supported by Gas Gas so cant see them having 5 in top 10-12

Also got Chatagno in Trial 2 who could/should be Trial 2 champion in 2018 as well as Dan/Jack Peace and Pederson all being supported to some extent by the factory - even if just bike / bits and not travel / wages etc its still a fair expense I'd imagine

Busto is the only one not confirmed yet out of the 3 riders mentioned and its no secret that Miquel Cirera doesn't like him because he doesn't like all the corporate stuff and would much rather do jumps in sections and wear his cap backwards on the podium. The other 2 are definitely moving.

The other 2 as in fajardo and dabill?if that’s true then I can’t see anything but dabill back on beta and fajardo to gas gas , be a shame for dabill to go back there I think that’s a bad bad move 

5 hours ago, hgas said:

Gas gas are holding a press conference this afternoon at the eicma Italian bike show so hopefully all will be revealed 

They made it quite clear it was in regards their new enduro bikes, which they have done so. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tricky dicky said:

I agree that Dibs rides the Gasser really well but he did actually have his best season on Beta and it's all to do with £££££££'s at the end of the day. Fajardo definitely not Vertigo next year.

The fact of the matter is that Dabill has never finished better than sixth in the world. Fajardo hasn't been out of the top 5 in the last decade.

Who would you choose to represent you in Trial GP?

• Like 1

Social media has bin abit strange over the past couple of days, Fuji put on Instagram earlier in the week about trying to get a 1-2 for the team in 2018 but then a couple of days later he put. Video up with his ‘two team mates’ practising in Spain , and James dabill has been posting from the gasgas stand at the eicma show , so who knows what’s really going on behind the scenes with contract signings and things