Busto and Fajardo to Gas Gas

NAD1

9 hours ago, daz14 said:

I see Farre has gone to Vertigo

Think it’s a great move by Vertigo. Technically he’s a phenomenal rider.

Lacks some finesse and (I think) endurance on trial GP day but that will come in the next couple of years. Think he (or maybe Gelabert) could be the one that runs Busto close in a few years when Bou, Raga, Fuji, Cabes, Fajardo go.

• Like 1

I think Farre will be the next Raga.  Riding style is fairly similar, and where Busto likes to show off and often seems blasé about his performance Farre looks genuinely hungry to win.

Still can't see how Dibs will be released from what was a two year contract.  He is unanimously the top British rider and I don't see anybody toppling him in the near future - surely that must be a great advert for GG's UK sales?

32 minutes ago, worlez said:

I think Farre will be the next Raga.  Riding style is fairly similar, and where Busto likes to show off and often seems blasé about his performance Farre looks genuinely hungry to win.

Still can't see how Dibs will be released from what was a two year contract.  He is unanimously the top British rider and I don't see anybody toppling him in the near future - surely that must be a great advert for GG's UK sales?

Dibs doesn't ride for GGUK and isn't contracted to ride in the UK.

He is changing machine for next year and it will be announced soon. Cabes is the only uncertain one but he is out of contract at Sherco so who knows where he will be.

1 hour ago, tricky dicky said:

Dibs doesn't ride for GGUK and isn't contracted to ride in the UK.

He is changing machine for next year and it will be announced soon. Cabes is the only uncertain one but he is out of contract at Sherco so who knows where he will be.

Sure, but he is still the highest ranked rider in the UK.  Can only be positive for GG (both factory and GGUK).

1 hour ago, heffergm said:

Having a contract doesn't mean both parties are shackled together for the term of the contract. If they come to an agreement on how it could be dissolved, everyone goes on their merry way.

Just seems odd to break from a deal mid-way through when his form has been improving since the switch.

Wonder if TRS would be an option for him if he is indeed changing?

Does that really factor in? I mean, it's not like he's going to go to Beta as #1 and suddenly beat Fajardo or Busto. 

I really only see that argument working if being number whatever has a real impact on results and I personally don't think it does in trials. 

I wouldn’t be so sure about that , most of the teams work on a basic wage and then bonuses for podiums, factory rider status goes hand in hand with wage and results/bonuses , I don’t want dibs to go back to beta I’d like to see him somewhere else ,satellite montesa-I don’t think so , sherco -maybe ,trs-doubtful, jotagas  ? now wouldn’t that be a story! , people are forgetting that repsol Montesa are going to need a new rider to replace busto and Fuji surely hasn’t got much left in him so that could shake everything back up  again next year 

• Like 1

I’m sure Montesa will be happy enough with a two rider team given that one of them is Toni Bou & that barring injury he will be 2018 world champion.

Dabill has never been more than the 6th best rider in the world, whether on Gas Gas, Vertigo, Beta or Montesa.  So whilst that is better than most of us could ever dream of, it does mean he is not first pick for any of the factories. 

Having never been a factory rider, it’s hard to know how team hierarchies work, but I imagine as #1 you get more attention & influence on bike development.