Stolen Betas

doc46

2 hours ago, pancho247 said:

what do people typically use for security for their bikes? I have a heavy duty chain and lock but don't have it secured to a solid anchor point. With all the bike thefts recently I want to upgrade my security.

What do you guys use?

6 hours ago, pancho247 said:

what do people typically use for security for their bikes? I have a heavy duty chain and lock but don't have it secured to a solid anchor point. With all the bike thefts recently I want to upgrade my security.

What do you guys use?

Not letting a soul know you have one, for a start

I back my Van right up to the garage door, open it and load the bike into the Van without being seen

I rarely start it, at home

I never leave the garage door open and never turn on the light when the door is open, only when shut

I keep the bike under a sheet, in the garage ........... so it can't be seen

I wash it right at the back of the house, on the rear patio and where it can't be seen by anyone (we have a rear wing to the house, so covered on 3 sides to the rear)

Any Trials/Bike parts are sent to my Mum's sheltered housing in town, 6 miles away..............no bike stuff is posted to my house

Think like a thief and keep schtum

STEALTH...............is your main friend

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyboxer said:

Not letting a soul know you have one, for a start

I back my Van right up to the garage door, open it and load the bike into the Van without being seen

I rarely start it, at home

I never leave the garage door open and never turn on the light when the door is open, only when shut

I keep the bike under a sheet, in the garage ........... so it can't be seen

I wash it right at the back of the house, on the rear patio and where it can't be seen by anyone (we have a rear wing to the house, so covered on 3 sides to the rear)

Any Trials/Bike parts are sent to my Mum's sheltered housing in town, 6 miles away..............no bike stuff is posted to my house

Think like a thief and keep schtum

STEALTH...............is your main friend

Do all of that mate just one moments slip of concentration!

Anyway good news I’ve just been given an anonymous call to say my bike was sold today for £1300!

So somebody got themselves a Christmas bargain!!

Seems to me everyone in the underworld knows everyone else but they won’t grass to the normal grafting society 

Ive said it before but somebody somewhere is reading this forum and knows all about this and all the other trials bikes that are going missing

Please help us root them out!

Wait, so you posted your number here (sorry, I missed it), some guy called you and said he saw your bike being sold (or knows of it being sold), but he won't give you his name or tell you who it is doing the selling? That's a little ridiculous...

One thing that people really do need to consider is how much they are giving away themselves on social media. For example, I know of one guy who has all his Arsebook posts set as public so viewable by absolutely anybody. He posts photos of himself, his bikes and himself riding his bikes. In some photos his bikes are on the driveway with the house clearly visible in the background. On top of that he also has a business he runs from home and he shares posts from his business Arsebook page to his personal page. What does that business page have on it? A map with his house pinpointed. Might as well stick a sign up saying "Motorcycles here, just take them".

Think carefully what you put on social media. Check your privacy settings are friends only and then check you actually KNOW all your friends and don't just accept friend requests willy-nilly. Like phishing, these things are becoming more targeted.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, technowaldo said:

Don't rely on chains and ground anchors too heavily. a cordless 4 inch disc cutter with a 1mm disc cuts through them like butter . Frightning

yes but a grinder at 3am in the morning does tend to make a lot of noise?

But could be an issue in a secluded area

Edited by suzuki250