New guy from Eastern Canada

kiki

Just introducing myself to the forum. In the throws of acquiring a bike, most likely will be a used or new Beta (the dealer and distributor is just down the road and i currently drive a Beta Enduro machine).

I caught the bug last year as a fence sitter, and had the opportunity last month to try my hand at a one-day clinic held by my regional group, which really got me interested in trying my hands at a few days next year.

I am, by no means, a newby to biking in general. I have 31 years or riding on the street. I am a practicing member of the IBA, an experienced road racer (600 Supersport),  a technical enduro enthusiast, and a former certified tech for one of the Japanese manufacturers. I have admittedly been away from the dirt for 25 years, so its a refreshing change for me. These skills will help my other 2 wheel endeavors without question. 

As i mentioned, i don't have a trials machine yet, but hopefully i will be doing a deal on a used machine within the next 2 weeks, and if that deal falls through i will have a new bike in the new year.

I want to thank Michael Traves, our club kin keeper, and the awesome group of fellows who have been very supportive and encouraging to invite me into their group. I was flipping , falling and swearing at the clinic day, and nobody laughed. They just offered me their bikes without question.

Hey no worries!

Always enjoy introducing people to the sport of trials. I used to post more stuff on this forum under the Canadian section but have been a bit lazy lately :).

I look forward to seeing you out at events and the offer is always open... if you want to borrow a bike we can usually get a demo from  Honda / Beta / Sherco / and hopefully GG now that our GG dealer is starting to bring GG back under the new GG company.

Cheers, Michael T.