New bike advice

yogibear

I'm looking for some advice, I have a montesa 315 r which I have used for the last year on my first year on a trials bike. It seems to need constant repairs so maybe its time for a newer bike. Have been looking for something around a year old but most seem to be 280-300 in size. Do you lot think it is ok for a relative novice to go to this size bike or should I stick to something smaller. Any pointers would be great as have not tried other brands so you lot are my only hope;-) the betas and shercos look popular but I do like the TRS but don't seem to find that many reviews for them. Thanks

fraser

I’d say your looking at a beta 300ss (super smooth) or a trs 280 ,I haven’t ridden a trs but I’ve heard they are very smooth and easy to ride and very easy to maintain, try and have a go on a few bikes and see what you like  , 

• Like 1

Can you scrounge a ride on various bikes at a local event?A 300 Gasgas with a fast action twistgrip and no flywheel weight would be too much,but with a weight and slow action grip might be fine.Beta 300 is probably the most novice friendly of the bigger bikes,Trs is getting more popular and is not fiery.300 Sherco is great in the right hands but not really aimed at novices.Really comes down to what you like,theyre all good

• Like 1