2018 Vertical 300 maps

rob stallard

Hmmm the lack of replies tells me they're not selling like hot cakes. I had a test ride on one (which was terrific I might add) and my understanding is the maps can be changed by an app on your phone.

At first I thought this was a good idea as you would set it up before the trial. Then I thought what if the weather changes and there's no signal at the venue? Then I thought my current bike has no maps so if you just set it when you buy it then there would be no disadvantage over what I have now. But no advantage either.

So in summary, by trying to improve on the previous set up they may have gone backwards or a little too far forward for this old luddite.

3 hours ago, theluckyone said:

Hmmm the lack of replies tells me they're not selling like hot cakes. I had a test ride on one (which was terrific I might add) and my understanding is the maps can be changed by an app on your phone.

At first I thought this was a good idea as you would set it up before the trial. Then I thought what if the weather changes and there's no signal at the venue? Then I thought my current bike has no maps so if you just set it when you buy it then there would be no disadvantage over what I have now. But no advantage either.

So in summary, by trying to improve on the previous set up they may have gone backwards or a little too far forward for this old luddite.

You don't need a 'signal' (by which I think you're referring to a cell signal) to make a connection between your phone and the bike. The app in question is for the GET ecu, which is reportedly coming on the 2018 Vertigo bikes. Whether they're allowing user tuning via bluetooth (which is the only connection you need) on the Vertigo implementation I have no idea. But you can download the GET ecu app now, it's freely available for android and iphone.

Why have they made it so had to change the maps? What was wrong with the button system? I love my mapping switch, the only thing I would of sorted is when its turned off it going back to map 1 not staying on the map you had it set to but what do I know..

Fuel injection is so reliable and consistent they are obviously trying to fill the gap it leaves by not having to mess with a carb all the time with complicated switches and gizmos.

having had a 2 map switch on 4rt for many years and lap to to put a multitude of options in i found a map that suited and then taped the switch in one position. Never felt the need to change maps per section etc.

fuel injection should be a fit and forget once you have the map of choice.

• 5 months later...

just to add the 2018 Vertical bikes only come with one map as standard and you need 

to get the GET ecu and app to add more, but the 2018 Dougie Lampkin replica bike 

does come with a mapping switch and 2 maps as standard you can then get the GET 

gear an modify them 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 8:39 PM, evo boy said:

Why have they made it so had to change the maps? What was wrong with the button system? I love my mapping switch, the only thing I would of sorted is when its turned off it going back to map 1 not staying on the map you had it set to but what do I know..

i purchased the bike second hand and the guy already had most of the batteryless system installed .all i had to do was put the last bit in ,never really had a problem with the pushing the battery button ,it started so easy 

until the button thing left me stranded 7k's in the bush pushing the thing until 4am in the darkness it turned out to be the 9v battery connection ,