Transit Rear Chassis Rusted

scifi

Was about to get my Transit tested at the MOT Garage, and he said it would fail on chassis rust within 12 inches of a structural part... And he knocked a hole in it, to prove his point..    I have had some body panels done before, but can you get the chassis parts as well.?   They are a complex shape, so don't want to start making them out of sheet steel,

• 3 months later...

My Transit has gone to an engineer who will convert it into living accommodation for a pair of hippies.  

Replaced it with a newish VW Transporter, with a slightly lower roof.

I found some Transit body panels are available, but not the chassis parts.   Thanks for the replies,

• 1 month later...
On 03/03/2018 at 5:52 PM, turbofurball said:

My Vauxhall is at 220000 miles on it's original gearbox, so I'll take that with a pinch of salt ;)

‘‘Tis the way you drive them that decides how long they last” Oh and service them. Vannies always insist on overloading the poor things, then with the suspension on the bump stops (if they haven’t already been destroyed) the driver then insists on driving at break neck speed everywhere and as close as possible to the vehicle in front of them accelerating and decelerating loading up the transmission. It’s no wonder most vans clutches and gearboxes wear so quickly.