I've got a smelly helmet

pancho247

Cedar wood chips in a sock stuffed inside as soon as you stop riding can help a lot.  

Remove and clean the liner on a regular schedule.

some have used different forms of alcohol, including Vodka. (Most of the time it takes more than once to get it back to normal and being consistent after that to keep it that way.  

Good luck.

i soak mine in milton one tablet to about 10lit of water in a big bucket leave it to soak

for 30 mins and then do the same in clean water and jobs a good en, as its the 

bactria that causes the smell, you also dont need to strip the helmet to do it. 

I also try and dry it after each ride and not leave it wet or damp 

Why do you want a clean helmet?

It's trials, I usually start sweating like a Geordie at a quiz before I've ridden the first section. There's little point in starting off with a sweet smelling lid. Chuck it in the garage all sweaty and wet and chuck it back in your van when you go to the next trial. With any luck the mushrooms will drop out on the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Soaking in about 1 gallon of warm water with 1/2 cup of Baking soda and some laundry detergent works for me. Hang to dry exposed to direct sunlight. I then spray liner and helmet with "helmet fresh cleaner", a product available on ebay.

It even sanitized my dirty mind, fortunately that is only temporary.

• 1 month later...