Why isn’t everyone riding Jotagas??

philmario

Hello everyone

I am a novice trials rider, only been doing it for the last 3 months.

I currently own a txt 280 '05 which i am going to sell the next week.

Searching for a another bike to buy afterwards i found a very good deal on a jotagas 300 2013.

Should i buy it? If it rides so well, i wouldnt hsitate, i also saw they are very light weight, 64kg. My main concerne would be getting the parts, and how cheap or expensive they are.

I live in Romania.

Edited by darco

well, my current GG has some problems, like the front wheel needs to be changed, the front brake is too weak, etc

and i have a client for it, at a reasonable price

well, the factory being in Spain, i presume that i can get the parts quite fast from them, the question would be if the factory has parts on stock.

the jotagas 300 2013 i found is at 2200euros

Definitely make sure you can get spares.Clutch covers crack allowing the hydraulic fluid to drain away,gear change shafts break,both failures would make the bike unusable if you can't get replacements.I replaced both of these without stripping the engine,neither job is difficult on 2014 I had,bought the parts easily and cheaply from U.K. Importer,but I'm not sure if he is still involved with the brand.Dont know if the factory would deal with you direct,worth asking them 

They're a great bike,only sold mine as I was unsure about the future for Jotagas 

1 hour ago, huski said:

They're a great bike,only sold mine as I was unsure about the future for Jotagas 

That says it all really. At one point I was tempted by the Jotagas because I liked the look of them and I could buy an almost new one very cheaply. But there had to be a reason it was that cheap, and I decided I could afford to buy another make and pay a normal market price for it.

i see that they still produce the bikes, that means that they make the parts also, i will try to contact jotagas spain, and maybe also try to see if the guys from the uk also have parts these days, can you tell me who they are?

@huski how many hours you did on it?

Edited by darco

3 hours ago, darco said:

i see that they still produce the bikes, that means that they make the parts also, i will try to contact jotagas spain, and maybe also try to see if the guys from the uk also have parts these days, can you tell me who they are?

@huski how many hours you did on it?

Don't know how many hours,but about 70 trials.Felt better than you might expect after that use,the build quality other than the parts I mentioned (which have been upgraded on the later ones) is good,it still looked smart too.The bike is great,it's the attitude from the factory that's the problem 

The official Jotagas website lists a selection of dealers and distributors, based principally within Europe, but also in Australlia, Japan and the USA.

I'd hazzard that parts would be freely available from the majority of these without too much trouble, which combined with interchangeably between model years, should cater for most instances - even when the requirement is for something specific/less common.

I guess we're spoiled here in the UK with a comprehensive dealer/distributor network covering all of the main manufacturers and whilst there's no doubting that JG do things a little differently, surely there's no harm in that... credit to them for challenging convention.

I plan on running my JT300 for the 2018 season and beyond at Club level, which no doubt, will test the durability of the bike and the parts supply chain in equal measure - I'll keep the site updated of progress but can't wait to get out there on something a little different and less mainstream.