Why isn’t everyone riding Jotagas??

philmario

6 hours ago, riffraffretro said:

The official Jotagas website lists a selection of dealers and distributors, based principally within Europe, but also in Australlia, Japan and the USA.

But that list includes Haven Trialsport who, I understand, are no longer working with Jotagas. How reliable is that list?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, darco said:

i think that this year the factory was sold, and it has a new owner

I hope they have been sold and that the new owner sorts production and marketing out because they would sell with the right back up/importer. Great Bike

is it a good idea to do hard enduro with the trials bike? i have done it twice with the GG, i am doing this to get as many hours as i can on the trials because it helps me a lot with my balance, and the other skills.

the problem doing this could be the overheating? are trials sensitive to that? or i can do hard enduro days with it without any concern?

when i say hard enduro i mean riverbeds, long hillclimbs and so on. situations when the trials bike will overheat more then when i use it just for technical trials stuff.

well, i have an enduro bike also, i would just like to get more hours on the trials bike, that's all

on my gg the fan kind of runs all the time, i think that it starts when water gets to 60 degrees, and that is very fast.

i am watching scottish six days trial right now, looks so much fun, i didn't knew nothing of it til now

Edited by darco

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

The man who conceived  and played a major role in the design[in his own home] of the JOTAGAS and taking  the bike to the production phase is the same man who played a major role in designing and finding investment for the TRS this is the reason that these bikes have the brand names that they have....the mans name being Jordi Tarres 7 times World Trials Champion and the main influence on the trick riding techniques that are used today on trials bikes. 

JO [JORDI]  TA [TARRES]   GAS [GAS GAS ,the manufacturer that  Tarres rode for as a contracted rider[1993-1997] and the next connection is GAS GAS was the Brand that was started and part owned by the owner and financier of JOTAGAS.a man called Josep Pibernat.

Jordi Tarres was not happy with the way Jota Gas was being developed as a company and the fact there was no investment in the World Trials Championship and so he left to design and make another bike the TRS [TARRES]  but this time with more control and with funding to run a team in the World Championship

TRS [TARRES]  Now you have the connection to the two brands you can see that Jordi Tarres has a similar bond with JOTAGAS and TRS as the owner of SHERCO AND SCORPA...Marc Teissier ....he was a founder of both Brands...he.left SCORPA to set up BULTACO[Now SHERCO] for similar reasons as Tarres leaving JOTAGAS and then some years later when SCORPA was available  as it was going bust; he purchased the name and remaining parts of the SCORPA company. And now runs both SHERCO and SCORPA....SCORPA now using the SHERCO motors instead of the previously used YAMAHA engines and both bikes looking almost identical but with different livery.

Jordi Tarres has a strong connection with the the man at the head of the parent company of TRS, HEBO[Trials Equipment and formerly a branch off of GAS GAS] and CLEAN [Bicycle trials] who is very passionate about trials;hence the investment in TRS motorcycles from his vast business operation and the purchase of trials companies such as HEBO and CLEAN.

If you put all that together you will probably be able to see why I made my assumption about a new owner of JOTAGAS.

It has been known for a businessman to buy out the opposition in order to reduce the choice for potential customers and hence gain sales, but I can't see Jotagas as competition for TRS in any sense of the word, far less at a level to justify putting money in to getting rid of it?

19 hours ago, evo boy said:

I hope they have been sold and that the new owner sorts production and marketing out because they would sell with the right back up/importer. Great Bike

why? The trs has taken off well the gas gas is as strong as ever why would these customers change?

15 hours ago, oni nou said:

Not to get rid of it ...... to keep it alive .... business men do not invest in trials companies to make money its a passion thing  Marc Teissier  did not buy Scorpa to prevent someone else resurrecting the mark[well actually I understand he did not want the SCORPA name to bought and used for anything that would be watered down because it was his baby] ........I suggested the same is true of Tarres  with Jotagas and TRS.........

Vertigo Propped up by money from pushchair and child car seat millions

Sherco and Scorpa propped up by Supermarket Millions

Honda Montesa ...........      etc etc

These people are not making trials bikes to make enormous sums of money.......they already have money,if they make money then that's a bonus.

Thats an over simplification and not exactly true, but what is for sure is honda montesa in terms of trials havnt made money for a long time.

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

why? The trs has taken off well the gas gas is as strong as ever why would these customers change?

Because there a Grate bike and would do well if they had the right back up and importer. I'd buy another one for sure

21 hours ago, evo boy said:

Because there a Grate bike and would do well if they had the right back up and importer. I'd buy another one for sure

if that were true it would have happened when they were available, if they were as good as other makes. Great (grate) or not?

Good to know that the Factory responded to your enquiry. 

As stated previously, with the Factory open and running, plus their decent network of dealers/importers, there's nothing of cause for concern here.

Happy 2018 JotaGas and here's to a brilliant season (and beyond), for employees and customers alike. 

Still, IMO one of the tastiest looking trials bikes available and not too shabby in the performance department, either.

• Like 1