hello from barnsley, south yorkshire

candy red

Getting back into the sport after 15yrs off, had a pinky and a 315 when i was a lad. now ive got the bug again looking for places to ride practice and to meet some like minded folk. . Recently visited Dronfield had an excellent day the venues fantastic ,,didn't take long for me to feel at home on the bike. im hoping to attend the next barnsley trial so hopefully someone might like to show me the ropes as ive only used the bike for fun in the past... venues are getting harder to find so im hoping by joining a club ill get more use from the bike as well as pushing my own abilities riding with people with more experience.   Merry Christmas all 

Hi there and welcome back, you could try Huddersfield Falcon club as well. They run well organised events, have a good range of venues (mainly around holmfirth, and ridden by a lot of Barnsley based riders) and have courses to suit all abilities. They’re a friendly bunch & got me back into it 15 years ago after a similar layoff. I’m in Rotherham & ride mainly falcon trials, but a few Barnsley too. And as luck would have it there’s a falcons Christmas fun trial this Saturday - why not get along & give it a go, you’ll be made very welcome! Check out their website for details.

Barnsley run under amca so not required anyway. Huddersfield is acu but i’m sure you can enter on the day & get a one day licence or apply there and then so that you’re covered, not sure exactly how it works. Contact mike Washington or Howard marsden to check, their details are on the falcon MCC website. Not sure who’s the trial is at eadonsfield, maybe sheffield & hallamshire, Barnsley, or others as I know the venue is used by several clubs.