Cabestany to Beta

Andy

53 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

is anyone riding Sherco?

There is a hint here in Malc Rathmell's press release when Sherco signed Jack Sheppard

"Sherco and I have spoken long and hard about trials and we feel the time is now right to go back to basics, trials at grass roots. We want to concentrate on national championships, classic trials, nationals and centre/club events."

I guess they'll have Gelabert in the WTC, Emma Bristow iin the Ladies WTC and that's it.

As for Cabestany, I wonder if we'll see him in the WTC?

Edited by neils on wheels
spelling correction

Shercos are decent bikes, but It's about time he (re) tried another make, and dare I say it, one that is more successful at the top levels. 

At my local inter centre gig recently, with very tough sections, it was almost all big Gassers and Betas, only maybe one or two blue or yellow bikes. 

25 minutes ago, micm said:

Shercos are decent bikes, but It's about time he (re) tried another make, and dare I say it, one that is more successful at the top levels. 

At my local inter centre gig recently, with very tough sections, it was almost all big Gassers and Betas, only maybe one or two blue or yellow bikes. 

Emma Bristow and James Fry don't get much accomplished in British Series.....

Edited by nhuskys

Brilliant news, I think 2018 is going to be a great year for trial gp,we all know that Toni bou will be 2018 champion and raga will probably be runner up but it’s the rest of the field that I find interesting and with nearly every rider in the top 10-12 changing machines it will be good to see who ends up where and how they all get on 

• Like 2

Would have liked Cabes to take the vacant Montesa ride(Busto's Bike)

it's great when riders change Bikes, freshens the whole sport, Beta is a fantastic bike, and in the hands of Cabestany the motivation might give him that little push to stay on the podium throughout the year, he should be added to the indoor series too.

Edited by ironbelly
Spelling

Great to see Cabestany still in the mix, great pilot....kinda surprised to see him, Paxau and rest of Sherco originals leave or get purged from company circle. Was there some new partner or financial support that moved in over there that kicked the table??<_<  

Not sure, but I think it might have been a combination of being excluded from X-Trial, on account of his age, and his performance last year in TrialGP.  

Weather my speculation is correct or not l am just glad he is with us for 2018!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, micm said:

The only thing that makes one trials bike 'better' than another is the guy riding it. Trials is basically the only motor sport where the bike is such a small part of the equation as to be nearly irrelevant (assuming we're talking about modern bikes... obviously what's now vintage went through a long evolution to get us here).

• Like 5

11 hours ago, heffergm said:

The only thing that makes one trials bike 'better' than another is the guy riding it. Trials is basically the only motor sport where the bike is such a small part of the equation as to be nearly irrelevant (assuming we're talking about modern bikes... obviously what's now vintage went through a long evolution to get us here).

That simply isnt true at the top level at all. Shercos and betas had real problems with their clutches which is why you saw specials. Yes bou would win on most current bikes but the exceptional build of his very light one off special helps no end.