Why are Spanish riders so good? And other chit chat

justjosh9

5 minutes ago, faussy said:

Dont know what that has to do with it, but i am national champion in my country. Yourself?

Well that says everything. Another keyboard warrior.

The point – based on your theory, if everybody isn’t riding the top level course their trophy hunting. Jack Price wins Trial2 – moves up, Irwin won this year – unknown at this time. It’s clear you don’t understand the jump in level between the two routes. You normally move up routes when you win the course you’re riding. Personally I’ve done that myself and now classified expert by the ACU for many years, having ridden British youth and adult when I was younger.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boringac said:

Well that says everything. Another keyboard warrior.

The point – based on your theory, if everybody isn’t riding the top level course their trophy hunting. Jack Price wins Trial2 – moves up, Irwin won this year – unknown at this time. It’s clear you don’t understand the jump in level between the two routes. You normally move up routes when you win the course you’re riding. Personally I’ve done that myself and now classified expert by the ACU for many years, having ridden British youth and adult when I was younger.

Another keyboard warrior? Explain please

My point is that gelabert and farre didnt hang around in trial2 to win it, they moved up because they thought they should. Now they have jumped the two guys that stayed behind to win it. Its not a theory

You're now classed as an expert rider? I feel pleased for you

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, faussy said:

Another keyboard warrior? Explain please

My point is that gelabert and farre didnt hang around in trial2 to win it, they moved up because they thought they should. Now they have jumped the two guys that stayed behind to win it. Its not a theory

You're now classed as an expert rider? I feel pleased for you

I’m not sure why, many are, but they understand the sport. Mr Champion in his country, try stating facts rather than pointless fiction. Maybe in future be more critical about your own abilities rather than slagging others off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boringac said:

I’m not sure why, many are, but they understand the sport. Mr Champion in his country, try stating facts rather than pointless fiction. Maybe in future be more critical about your own abilities rather than slagging others off.

You seem butt hurt about your abilities.

Facts? Im stating how the championships panned out. Try looking up the 2015 trial2 championship final standings and compare them against this years

Edited by faussy

In 2015 only the best 16 out of 18 rounds counted in Trial 2. So although Iwan may have done better in Japan had he gone than his worst ride elsewhere he didn't actually lose a potential scoring day by not going. 

Trials is a confidence game so being able to tackle bigger grippier sections on a regular basis must help I would think. 

Spain had it's own indoor series, it probably still does,  which provides another opportunity to practice and progress which the British don't have apart from Sheffield.

I'm not that convinced going up a class earlier helps. It could just destroy confidence. Eddie Karlsson did this but it hasn't worked for him ?

Spain I think has all the ingredients but most of all up and coming riders can practice with the top factory guys, who could be better to learn from ?

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1

Oh I'm enjoying this, cock waving at the highest TC level :popcorn:

btw, and believe it or not, I'm actually national champion at my level I'm embarrassed to say :rotfl: 

Edited by cabby
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, faussy said:

I disagree. A few sections yes, but they sure know how to put in a few good steep muddy banks! The fact that a few are man made and its still more natural than most venues is the irony!

What is so important about muddy steep banks? Trials is more than just hill climbing. 

The sooner people let go of this ridiculous notion that trials would be better off regressing into ‘its roots’ the better.

Edited by worlez
Spelling
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, justjosh9 said:

Oh man there’s a lot of opinions flying around on here now hahaa!

Absolutely, I propose founding the anti-long steep climb coalition - and then we go to war!

(I hate riding them, and don't find them entertaining to watch)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, huski said:

I also think the Spanish factories prefer Spanish riders,unless UK can produce riders as good as Doug Lampkin to get them interested                           

Don't buy that at all. If a rider is good enough they'll get support from the factory.

I always see the top European riders practicing at places that have man made obstacles everywhere in a yard.. Not just Toni bou they all seem to have somewhere with loads of stuff to go to. 

Shame we don’t have places like that over here.. at least in the midlands that I know of? 

In the right location it could be a good business... 10 pounds to practice... maybe hire a few bikes out and give lessons if your a decent rider... maybe include a indoor bit if it’s p****** it down like the indoor skate /bmx parks have. I know there is places to go to practice but they are natural stuff I think? Which is cool but I think the man made arena type stuff really appeals to young people because we just want to mess around and get better at going up obstacles and trick riding 

14 hours ago, worlez said:

What is so important about muddy steep banks? Trials is more than just hill climbing. 

The sooner people let go of this ridiculous notion that trials would be better off regressing into ‘its roots’ the better.

And its a lot more than hopping from rock to rock on the back wheel. Trials is about a variety of terrain.

You do realise at world level trials is running at pretty low numbers for a good while now (around 15 in a top flight world round), perhaps regressing to its roots would be a good thing

Edited by faussy
  • Like 2