ossa stopped

chudder

If I had an ossa or any other EFI bike I would get a fuel pump and pressure regulator from a scrap car (or even buy new on the bay) Rig up a system so you can feed the injector independently of the bikes fuel system. This means you can easily determine if is fuel or ignition that is the problem. 

PS -  I have used compressed air on the fuel rail to check this in cars.

I would hook up a 12V battery to the appropriate ports diagnostic cable- this will run the fuel pump and let you know that it is working or not.

I have a momentary button on both my modern OSSAs, it works as a ‘super easy start’ and also troubleshooting.

Certianly next would be to check connections- but hooking up to the software would be by far the easiest. it will give you errors shown.

oh yeah, check that the kill button or wire is not shorted out.

mark

Have you checked for a spark? Is the plug sooty black? We run Ossas with spark plugs 2 heat ranges hotter, std plug from memory is an NGK BPR6ES, you can use an NGK BPR4ES, or better still, the Iridium equivalent. If the spark is ok, is the plug getting wet? Was the TPS set up when the new fuel pump and throttle body were fitted? Incidentally, why did you need a new throttle body.

Bye, Peter B.

14 hours ago, dadof2 said:

If I had an ossa or any other EFI bike I would get a fuel pump and pressure regulator from a scrap car (or even buy new on the bay) Rig up a system so you can feed the injector independently of the bikes fuel system. This means you can easily determine if is fuel or ignition that is the problem. 

PS -  I have used compressed air on the fuel rail to check this in cars.

Which car runs on compressed air?

Thanks for all the replies,first I took the plug out which was black and sooty looking but had a good spark.I put it back in and it started on the second kick BUT only went for 10 seconds before stopping,Tryed again and it started but ran rough for about 5 seconds and stopped.Next I put an old spark plug in and it ran fine until I stopped it after 5mins.That plug was black when I looked at it.These two plugs were BPR 5ES so I thought I would try a 4ES as suggested.I think theres more wrong than just the plug but hopefully not. 

Check the fuel cap breather also.  (Since it ran and stopped)

Also, from my experience, every 100 hours or so the throttle body sensor should be set and reset. It can make the bike run quite rich if it is not right.

mark

Hi chudder, the fan operates from a temp sensor in the coolant system. There is another temp sensor for the fuel/air calculation in the outlet of the airbox, it is quite delicate being a glass cased thermistor type, but these don't usually fail. Most problems are with the temp sensor connections, check these are not corroded or loose. This temp sensor is in a plastic push-in housing located through two rubber prongs ending up as a tight fit into the airbox outlet. You can remove the plastic case and very carefully clean the sensor with a tissue. You may need to take the bike to be checked out if this doesn't work.

Bye, Peter B.

On 08/01/2018 at 1:39 PM, andrewmorpeth said:

Which car runs on compressed air?

The fuel rail plus a length of pipe is filled with fuel then compressed air is used to replicate the pressure from the fuel pump. Running cars on compressed air was a major scam a few years ago, a conman made a fortune because some people were daft enough to invest in it.