Montesa 4rt dual mapping software

chatlie44

1 hour ago, jimmyl said:

Not sure if you can download the software without the discs but maps are available via email, web sites etc.

Do you have the leads etc. Below is a very useful site for 4rt owners

http://montesa4rt.nl/

Hi yes I know that site, I am in the process of getting the leads but don't have dual map software hopefully someone has it an can copy it for me. 

theres no where on line you can download the software from.

The software comes with the cable. it is shown in the picture so you should get it with the cable

Its not as straight forward to use but once you have used it a few times its straight forward.
Been tweaking maps for a while now

Edited by teddybattye
adding
  • Like 1

On 09/01/2018 at 10:09 AM, teddybattye said:

theres no where on line you can download the software from.

The software comes with the cable. it is shown in the picture so you should get it with the cable

Its not as straight forward to use but once you have used it a few times its straight forward.
Been tweaking maps for a while now

What a wally I am! I've just realised that the 16400NN4315 TB that I have ordered is a single map TB so I need the single map Software after I just paid £20 for dual map software. Bloody idiot 

4 hours ago, chatlie44 said:

What a wally I am! I've just realised that the 16400NN4315 TB that I have ordered is a single map TB so I need the single map Software after I just paid £20 for dual map software. Bloody idiot 

I have the 2010 RTL software. I've only used it for dual-map ECUs, but I think it can be set to work for single-map ECUs by selecting "05 RTL" under the "Model" menu-bar option. If you have everything else, might want to try that first.

Edited by sportsawyer

5 hours ago, sportsawyer said:

I have the 2010 RTL software. I've only used it for dual-map ECUs, but I think it can be set to work for single-map ECUs by selecting "05 RTL" under the "Model" menu-bar option. If you have everything else, might want to try that first.

I think the 2010 software is also what is needed for later ptb like on 300 rr

I think the 2010 RTL260R "setting program" software is the same, or at least equivalent, to the 2007 & 2008 software. The difference in the installation may be the newer CP210x driver software to work with VISTA and the USB wiring. Earlier versions only supported up to XP. FWIW, if you use the USB wiring you can download and install the newest Silicon Labs CP210x driver and run on newer Windows versions. I have it running on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops with driver version 6.7.5.

The 2010 manual says this: "The setting program of ‘08-’10 model is the same as ‘07 model." So that's why I'm thinking it's the same, and has nothing new that makes it work with the 2017 300RR (if it's really a programmable ECU).

In the 2010 installation, the program still has the same name: 07RTL.exe and in my installation the file version is: 1.3.0.4

And according to the manual, this and earlier dual-map software should work with a single-map programmable TB/ECU by selecting 05 RTL rather than 07 RTL under the "Model" option.

I still haven't seen anything about newer software for the 300RR yet. With the CRFs, there was a change in 2013 and the "setting program" started using a different map-file format that has file extension *.fsd rather than the older (and same as 4RT) *.e2p extension.

That seems to be the trick dosn't it... the information indicates there is an optional kit that can do it, but who knows what kit that is?  Doesn't seem to be anyone that does.  :(

The link to information saying it should be... http://hondanews.com/channels/motorcycle-off-road-competition/releases/2018-honda-montesa-cota-300rr-features-benefits

• 3 weeks later...

18 hours ago, Sapper9822 said:

Help

I have repsol 2015 that I would like reprogramming to make it a bit more 50 yr old friendly 

Can you buy the leads ,disc/software to reprogram 

Thanks 

yes you can buy the leads and program but they aren't cheap.

It takes some setting up on a laptop/computer aswell.

Have you got the dual map throttle body (map switch) on the bars? Or have you just got the standard repsol throttle body (only has 1 map) 

Edited by teddybattye

I have bought a throttle body that has come off 2015 repsol 4rt I also have the handle bar switch 

I’ve been told that the months 2014 onwards cannot be reprogrammed and I’ve als been told they can so I’m getting conflicting messages

Ive tried to get in touch with msport but I think that maybe they’re no longer trading

Any advice and help would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, Sapper9822 said:

I have bought a throttle body that has come off 2015 repsol 4rt I also have the handle bar switch 

I’ve been told that the months 2014 onwards cannot be reprogrammed and I’ve als been told they can so I’m getting conflicting messages

Ive tried to get in touch with msport but I think that maybe they’re no longer trading

Any advice and help would be appreciated 

I believe the guy that owned MSport died a few years back unfortunately.

I have a 2015 repsol and bought the dual map throttle body and switch. What is the model number on the throttle body you bought?

You can get the software and cable from https://jbanyeres.com/en/engine/2270-cable-ecu-hrc-programable-para-pc-cd-para-ecu-de-hrc-un-solo-mapa-05-06.html

I've helped quite a few people install and set this up in the UK and USA now. If you get hold of the software give me a shout.

I have a cable and the software but I'm at the other side of the country to you in Lancashire. I do come over to Tong though if you ever get there