Bought a new 17' factory 300! What does it need?

Squeakybb

So I got a great deal on a factory Evo from a local shop. I'm getting it resprung for my weight (225lbs), fork guards and bar ends. My question for you Beta experts is, does it need anything else? And, are there any design issues with the bike I should be aware of? Lastly, what parts are good to have on hand for the bike (air filters, oil drain plug washer, etc)? Any recommendations welcome!! BTW my background is trail riding 300 KTM's and I'm fine doing maintenance work on the bike myself! 

Replace the rear fender bolts with plastic bolts or zip ties. Front fender bolts need to be watched and maybe some  other washers. The plastic fork brace is crap. Other than that the Beta is a great bike. Have fun!

2t or 4t?

Edited by lineaway

Crappy I mean crappy rear fender design, so get yourself a spare. I would take your factory fender off and put on a plain non factory for your riding purposes. That way when you get rid of the bike you have a new unmolested factory fender to put on it without spending alot of money to replace the factory fender you broke if you were to leave it on

3 hours ago, evoalien said:

Crappy I mean crappy rear fender design, so get yourself a spare. I would take your factory fender off and put on a plain non factory for your riding purposes. That way when you get rid of the bike you have a new unmolested factory fender to put on it without spending alot of money to replace the factory fender you broke if you were to leave it on

My 2014 Evo had three new rear fenders (and a couple of fronts) in the year that I had it.  Expensive game.

On my Sherco, you can bend the rear fender into a loop without it breaking!  Same fender for 2 years now!

Edited by stpauls

5 hours ago, stpauls said:

My 2014 Evo had three new rear fenders (and a couple of fronts) in the year that I had it.  Expensive game.

On my Sherco, you can bend the rear fender into a loop without it breaking!  Same fender for 2 years now!

Dang! Is there any better aftermarket options? I guess if plastics is the only issue then I won't be able to complain much...that's way better than anything engine or suspension related!

I have a Factory 2016. I have landed twice upside down. One day I was having my first bout with Vertigo and crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. (By the way the previous year I rode 30 events with no crashes.) One of those the bike launched into the air and sailed down hill about 30 ft airborne. My rear fender has some how survived this abuse, I must have got one from a bad batch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

I have a Factory 2016. I have landed twice upside down. One day I was having my first bout with Vertigo and crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. (By the way the previous year I rode 30 events with no crashes.) One of those the bike launched into the air and sailed down hill about 30 ft airborne. My rear fender has some how survived this abuse, I must have got one from a bad batch.

? Put some wings on that thing the next time you send it airborne it won't hit the ground as hard

If your in the States Beta trials support from Beta U.S.A is terrible!!!! Unless you ride A Beta enduro bike. I have been on Beta trials bikes since The Rev came out in 2000 and thought they were the best bikes out there, (not without their flaws). My last 2014 factory 300 was fantastic best bike I've ever ridden, however after waiting for a factory rear fender for over 6 months and waiting for several other items I could no longer put up with Beta U.S.a lack of caring. TRS is my new ride and if I break something Jim Snell has everything you need and it ships same day. Maybe Beta usa should take a note

Man it's kinda sad about the fenders because I personally think the 17 beta is one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen. 

Yep I live in Washington state. There's a dealer about 30 min from where I live. Hopefully it doesn't take them 6 months to get parts that's unsat! I'll ask him about that. I'm pretty good about preemptively buying parts like brake pads and tires so I'm gonna buy some today. Are there any specific tools I should buy? I remember watching a video of mounting a tubeless tire and the dude had some kind of foam looking hoop that he was using to make a seal between the tire and the rim before he inflated it? Thanks for the responses I wouldn't have known this stuff if not!

2 hours ago, evoalien said:

If your in the States Beta trials support from Beta U.S.A is terrible!!!! Unless you ride A Beta enduro bike. I have been on Beta trials bikes since The Rev came out in 2000 and thought they were the best bikes out there, (not without their flaws). My last 2014 factory 300 was fantastic best bike I've ever ridden, however after waiting for a factory rear fender for over 6 months and waiting for several other items I could no longer put up with Beta U.S.a lack of caring. TRS is my new ride and if I break something Jim Snell has everything you need and it ships same day. Maybe Beta usa should take a note

I have delt with all three of the Beta importers through all the models. It is sometimes hard to understand why the time lag. With the internet we have alot of options. I have seen the current owner go above and beyond anything Larry Wise or the Como's would do.

• Like 1

I’ve had Beta trials bikes for years had a few snap, last one that did I got the bossi Mudguard conversion works spot on, bends no problem, bossi stickers on it looks the part, front Mudguard gas gas metal brace and Mudguard bossi also do a nice front one