247 bash plate

oldaz

Oldaz,

i cant tell you how far the forks are pulled in - but it just seems to make it a bit better on tighter turns !!! 

Brewtus ,

someone has to keep them going !!!

cheers guys - I’ll keep you updated as much as I can !!

as always

The Wobbler 

AB0489BA-39F8-40EF-9113-1F48CF26001A.jpeg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Reading with interest this thread,  after spectating at Highland Classic this year,.........looking to enter next, and coming from a county not noted for rocky going (southern England), am looking to fit external bashplate to my 123 cota......extended to cover underslung clutch arm.,..also moving footrests back n down slightly, so thanks for pic's Wobbler.

• 1 month later...

Looks good, very neat and tidy slider, reason I left mine wider was to protect the engine side covers, any more damage to them and it would be difficult to repair them. Thanks for sharing the pics.

The frame mods, whether lower tubes in place or removed all look very professional and neat. As added info, I’m sure you’ll be aware but I’d like to mention that the lower frame tubes can rub on the engine cases if too close, caused by rock and hard surface contact distortion, wearing away the casting and distorting mating faces. A dense rubber type mat or strip would help cushion any impact between bash plate flex and the underside of the engine. I’ve attached photos of my M80 Bultaco frame with 6mm bash plate, sorry I don’t have one with the rubber strip, but I used ‘temporarily’ rubber workshop floor mat ( sounds awful but it works and serves as a template) until I can get hold of something more substantial. I have heard of someone using a piece of conveyor belt, but I’ll keep looking.? NB the bash plate has been tidied up after these photos were taken, but you can see where the engine had been rubbing itself away on the topsides of the lower frame tubes.

095D8473-7ACE-474B-9CD8-C9C79D9F4811.jpeg

5B68A5DD-4D34-4032-A6AF-4FA2D8F81A20.jpeg

Edited by section swept
Added material
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 1/10/2018 at 11:45 PM, brewtus said:

My 247 came with a Renthal plate that bolted below the engine on top of the lower rails.  Let me see if I can post a pic with the phone, since Photobucket is holding all my old pics hostage.  Of course there is the super sano plate/frame mods on Wobbler's 247. 

post-1071-0-98037900-1408019214.jpg

post-1071-0-00804800-1408018887.jpg

Talking to a couple of mates and we have no idea what the horizontal 'flat surface' on the engine case is there for. It's not on the earlier round case models, any ideas??

4 hours ago, sherpa325 said:

Talking to a couple of mates and we have no idea what the horizontal 'flat surface' on the engine case is there for. It's not on the earlier round case models, any ideas??

When that casing is on a 348 motor there is a screwed plug there.

20240109_163449.jpg

Edited by feetupfun
  • Like 1