New Boots

asmara

Hi Guys, 

I bought my first pair of trials boots ! Forma Boulder, after looking at some posts on site ! love the boots and they are the correct size, but very constrictive ! do they just need wearing in ! and are all trials boots tight to begin with ???

Not all trials boots I have seen are tight to begin with, some do have ware in time but most post on the Forma's haven't indicated tight fit.  My family and I have had AlpineStars and Gaerne and both have been fine so far.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonnyc21 said:

Not all trials boots I have seen are tight to begin with, some do have ware in time but most post on the Forma's haven't indicated tight fit.  My family and I have had AlpineStars and Gaerne and both have been fine so far.  

To follow your thread JC, my Alpinestars Tech T's and Gaernes were both very comfy, even right out of the box. Not restricted. I usually size up a 1/2 size to allow for a little more wiggle room and accommodation of thicker socks in the winter. I've heard Formas are also comfortable, not aware of stiffness issues, but have never owned them, therefore, I can't speak from a user's perspective.

They will break in but if the boulder is anything like my Forma gripper 2 boot you may wish to remove the annoying velcro strips that hold the optional waterproof inner sock. I couldn,t figure out why mine were uncomfortable until i cut them out with a scalpel blade.

4 hours ago, jimmyl said:

Soak them in water then wear them watching telly a few evenings 

At beginning of trial, stand in water about 6" deep for as long as it takes to get boots saturated. Then ride trial, should be broken in by end. Dry in a cool draughty place. (this doesnt work for lorica as it doesnt seem to hold any water)

• Like 1

I hated my Formas when I got them, but TBH they've grown on me ... I wore them for a few trials and just suffered through it, then started giving them a lot of dubbin after every time they needed jet washing (I let them dry first).

I also glued tough leather patches on the wear points, and by the looks of things they're going to last a long time and stay comfy now :)