Beta age identity

Danieljohn

Hi please excuse me I’m completely new to all this I’ve just bought my first trials bike I didn’t rush in to buying a new 1 yet just in case I don’t get on with or or just keep falling off I believe I have a beta 280 but have no idea how old it is or what model is there a way to identify it from the frame numbers? Thanks for the help in advance. 

1 hour ago, Danieljohn said:

Hi please excuse me I’m completely new to all this I’ve just bought my first trials bike I didn’t rush in to buying a new 1 yet just in case I don’t get on with or or just keep falling off I believe I have a beta 280 but have no idea how old it is or what model is there a way to identify it from the frame numbers? Thanks for the help in advance. 

Hi I have gold forks and alumni Colour rims I have pic if my bike I would appreciate your help if you could identify it for me 

BA8EB565-736D-4A04-89F3-27972E1336F3.jpeg

2CD62CFC-CD57-4CCC-B7F5-9FA0D565A97A.jpeg

have a look on 'Beta usa'...they show a trials bike history with pictures of the bikes and a brief description.....assuming your forks are original it appears they only produced bikes with gold forks in 96, 97 & 98...but not 280cc only 250 as the biggest engine.....you could try calling Beta uk and giving them the frame number....usually found  on the head stock on modern bikes.....good luck

It is a 96 or 97. The size you will not know for sure until you measure the bore. It is more likely a 250 because Beta did not make a bigger motor until 98 and a half. They were late getting out the bigger model in 98. I did put the larger cylinder on a 96 myself, so anything is possible.