petrol tank paint

bondy

Yeah, no rattle cans. (though have found the matt black by Wurth to resist petrol very well)

All done using proffesional 2k paint system. (ie vehicle spray paint)

It is the finish coat that is crucial to resist the fuel, so technically you could pretty much use anything for the base colour if you want to do most of the job yourself and then get the top coat shot over in 2k clear by somebody in a bodyshop if they were preppared to do so.

• Like 2

Marky boy my tank is ok for know but I will want to freshen the bike up so may just spray the rear guard good info tho where did you get the bling fuel cap from? just off topic what is the standard rear sprocket size and front? 

Edited by bondy

Fuel cap was a standard one that i cut the top out of and bonded in a red bull can top into and then painted the outside blue. Originally i was going to do it in red bull colours...(this was about 2003 mind you)

If you are going to paint the rear guard be sure to use a plastic primer and add plastiser to the paint and then it will not crack when it bends and flexes.

Upol used to do special plastic car bumper paint in rattle cans that had etching primers etc in a step by step system..no idea if they still do.

• Like 2