Not shutting off properly....

brownee

Seen this happen on someone’s Sherco before and now happening on my Trs...

When giving it a really big handful, rather than shutting off straight away when I shut the throttle off it keeps revving for a split second or so and then revs down... almost like the vibration of the bike is causing to rev.

Happens most when bike is stationary and I rev it to clear it out....

Any ideas anyone?

Just a point of curiosity; do you find that you need to "rev it to clear it out"? I have had three TRS bikes, two with Dellorto carbs, and one with a Keihin carb, none required clearing out once the carbs were adjusted for the local conditions.

You may want to pull the plug just after clearing it out, and check the colour to ensure that it is not running lean which can cause the run-on.

Spencer

1 hour ago, spenser said:

Just a point of curiosity; do you find that you need to "rev it to clear it out"? I have had three TRS bikes, two with Dellorto carbs, and one with a Keihin carb, none required clearing out once the carbs were adjusted for the local conditions.

You may want to pull the plug just after clearing it out, and check the colour to ensure that it is not running lean which can cause the run-on.

Spencer

Curious why you have had three TRS already, one of each displacement or did you wear them out?

14 hours ago, anachronism said:

Curious why you have had three TRS already, one of each displacement or did you wear them out?

I started with a 2016 280, bone stock which I really liked, then out of curiosity went to a 300, added a Reiger shock and the Keihin carb. Decided that I liked the 280 better, so I got another 280 and transferred the shock and carb over to it as they are great upgrades. All of the RR models were sold out in Canada so could not get one in a 280cc size. The last 280 is a 2017. The only thing that I have worn out is the tire on the 300; great bikes.

Spencer

Talking about Keihin only here from experience.  If the carb spring is biting into the top cap and you don't reassemble with the slide inline then some sideways force can be applied to the slide. It then tends to stick a bit to the body slowing the return to shut. Check cable also as if one strand is split it can catch and do similar things. Had two cables do this over 10 years of riding.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 11:22 PM, spenser said:

Spencer

No but noticed the issue when revving the bike to check running sweet. 

• 6 months later...