2018 EM 5.7, Whats New

bulto58

I could be in the market for a electric trials bike. like the EM 5.7 , is there any upgrades from the 2017, is the 2018 out yet ?. EM web site or Facebook page don't give much new info.

I do like what I'm hearing on the new Mecatecno T18.

any info from you electric bike guys out there.

There is a short movie clip of the Mecatecno T18 on the Mecatecno Facebook page, scroll down to the video marked 'Mecatecno Passion'

It rocking a skate park somewhere on the Peninsula.

The music is irritating (to me anyway) but it gives a good idea of the bike's capabilities with a decent pilot.

I was told that EM's interests are with other projects and works not the 5.7 so not that keen on evolving it, a pity.

The electric Gasser/Torrot is super powerful and if it ever appears may even have a form of traction control taking feedback from the driven wheel to the CPU.

https://www.facebook.com/Mecatecno

Electric Gasser .jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/21/2018 at 10:47 AM, bulto58 said:

I could be in the market for a electric trials bike. like the EM 5.7 , is there any upgrades from the 2017, is the 2018 out yet ?. EM web site or Facebook page don't give much new info.

I do like what I'm hearing on the new Mecatecno T18.

any info from you electric bike guys out there.

dude....check out the 2018 EMs..............................................................http://emmoto.com/models/2019

Thanks also for the link. I don't see it mentioning what might be a bit of a deal breaker in that blurb. That is their new PELS system.

It is said to be a progressive electronic version of a clutch and so the left hand lever is no longer an off/on switch.

Quotes from the EM factory recently ...'The new PELS is a real improvement, it doesn't work anymore as an ON / OFF switch, it is progressive, you can adjust it.'

And Masso, Salt Spring Island, a great name.