Beta evo rear brake

slugger_

Hello chaps ...

Bike ....2016 250 evo 

Problem....rear brake feels useless ....on inspection the rubber boot that sits at bottom of reservoir was full of water and the pedal could be pushed to the bottom 

Took the cap off to check fluid and the rubber Jonny that's inside was wet with dirty water ...check fluid level and virtually nothing ....

So cleaned the reservoir ...flushed new fluid thru a few times and bleed back up ....pedal felt right 

Out today and the pedal is as it should be but you can stamp on the back brake and it won't lock up ...if I pressed any harder it would have broke something 

Again rubber boot full of water ...fluid is fine ...pads look fine ....what you think try new pads 

Thanks in advance 

Are the pads moving well at the calipers?  With how much water you indicated I would likely pull the caliper apart and inspect. 

My experience is that water in brake systems can cause other unexpected issues and there is likely other unseen problems.

And when working on brakes new pads and a 100% clean rotter are never a bad thing, as contaminated pads work about as good as not having brakes.  So I would get new pads and give it a try, worst case you have an extra set for later if your current ones turn out not to be the problem.

good luck.

8 hours ago, copemech said:

on inspection the rubber boot that sits at bottom of reservoir was full of water

Really, and no fluid as well? what does that tell you? do you thnk the fluid evaporates?

Yes the fluid was low and full of crap but after the weekends ride the fluid is fine now but no bite to the disc ...as said ..I'll look at the mc 

Discs wear. Check for a lip on the outer edge.

New pads needed once half worn.

Check there is a bit of play on the pushrod.

Get it working as best you can. Ride with the brake on till disc is very hot. Pour on cold water. Repeat. If this doesn't work your master cylinder or caliper has issues.