Best u.k training? Trainer?

justjosh9

I’m based in the midlands myself and and personally I can’t recommend Stu Day highly enough. I’ve been to his schools and very recently a one and one day with him. The key thing with Stu is he’s a nice bloke and is particularly good at passing on his knowledge to all levels of rider. I agree with madmostin, his attitude and enthusiasm is infectious and makes for a good day out.

Edited by dan929
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

Please report back but be sure to let the trainer know what you want from the day. But I would say definately in trials dont try to run before you can walk

Very easy to have a house built on sand - no point being able to do  splats if you can’t do a flat muddy turn without dabbing. Try and understand your flaws before going so you can have an idea what you want to get out. I had been riding for years at a reasonable ability but when we set up project 2000 training in west South Wales my riding improved by understanding body weight on footrests, increased use of your knees, correct stance etc 

Edited by jimmyl
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I’ve booked a 1 to 1 with Stu so I’ll pick his brains as much as I can and he will definitely help in some way. Hopefully inspire a bit of confidence too! 

Nigel I agree with you there, that’s one thing I’ve really noticed recently as I’m starting to hop and move the bike around with body weight more rather than just standing on it. It takes it out of me so quick.. I guess it’s just a matter of practice practice practice and the fitness will come.. 

• Like 1

Stu Day

Friendly down to earth no bull****, explains it well and is very supportive.

Starting off with a good body warm up and then the basics, moving on to more specific tecnicques, great choice of machines and every type of terrain on his farm.

Weve been twice for 3 days, 4 riders is a good number as it gives you time to take a break whilst it not being too watered down.

Stu is genuine, enthusiastic and welcoming.

I would not hesitate to call him, he might be out teaching or possibly milking the cows!!

• Like 2