Montesa 348 vs Bultaco

trialsrfun

19 minutes ago, barnesy said:

I always liked the look of the 348's and I got a later model one last year having never rode one before, its surprisingly well made for a bike of that age easy to work on as well..   

I wouldn't worry too much about it snapping in half if you find a decent one I doubt you will loose money on it. I'm not bothered about

it being competitive in twin shock trials I just bought it for the fun factor which it has in spades. 

The 348 was a considerable step up in quality at the time with a good coating on the frame, chain tubes, small rear sprocket, grippy grips, alloy (large diameter, nothing's new) bars, folding alloy brake and gear pedals, good air filtration, excellent mudguards - and fast on the road.

As I recall, the frame was reinforced at the steering head after the first batch; indeed the only one I can remember breaking was Rob Shepherd's in the Scottish.  Must have been an interesting day for the guys who went to retrieve it.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 2