New trials ride in South China

symon260z

Hello. 

I am a new trails rider in South China. I picked up a 2015 Beta Evo 300 factory mid way through last year and slowly trying to pick up some trials skills. 

It would be great to be able to ride with other trials riders but it seems that I am on my own here. There are quite a few riders in Hong Kong, less than 100 kms away but imposible to take my bike there to ride with them. 

Anyway I have been trying to lean balance, slow riding skills, small wheelies, stopies, etc. I never thought that trails riding was so complex and so physical. 

Symon

20180202_162420.jpg

• Like 4

Nice choice of scooter.

A bud of mine goes to Taiwan often and says there is a lively community of urban trials.

If you have an area to ride, you will surely draw spectators and eventually someone will approach you wanting to get into these bikes as well.

Its up to you if you let them test ride your bike.  Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Photo taken yesterday :-)

Slicktop. 

I just took the photo in the gardens where I live, I put the Beta in my van and take the hills close to me. Yesterday I was out for about 3 hours, I only saw 2 bemused workers. Recently I have been finding loads of really technical, narrow tracks. Perfect for the Beta and my level of riding, such great fun. I really love this bike, so much fun to ride and takes me to places I can't even walk up. 

So far I have only let one person ride it, I swopped bikes for a few minutes with a mate that has an old Scorpa. I think that most of the Chinese wouldn't be able to kick it over, stand on the pegs and or control it. Most bikes here are 125cc gutless road bikes, so few people have any ideas about decent bikes at all. 

Alberto. 

Thanks for your comment. It is a really lovely bike, I am enjoying it so much even if it is so much more capable than I am. 

20180215_140628.jpg