2016 "Demo" Montesa 260 vs 2018 Beta Evo 200

Lefebvre

I have a 2018 Beta 200 for me as long as it is delivered to my dealer (not sure...).

Most people recommend a 2018 Beta Evo 200 for an old (69)brand new rider with damaged knees to the Trial sport .

I also have a great offer for a 2016 "Demo" Montesa 260. The Montesa is +/-$1,000 cheaper.

They both come with the seat.

Is the Beta 200 a lot easier and more forgiving for my old person than the Montesa 260?

Thanks for your help!

I think no one can really answer that for you. The Montesa is heavier and has a more rigorous maintainence regime. There is an incredible range of tuning with a four stroke so the power characteristics are difficult to determine without seeing the actual bike. The Beta is easier to maintain, engine wise, and is a bit more consistant bike to bike but perhaps a bit less steady on bumpy terrain than the Montesa. The Beta engine is very sweet and will not try to get away from you but you might find it lacking for trail riding. It really is something that comes down to your preference for power delivery.

Both bikes are capable of expert level performance. If you can, ride both and see which one whispers, “Buy me.” In your ear.

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

i would chose a beta 200 over a 260 4t for someone with dodgy knees.

The 2 bikes have kick start on opposite side which maybe a factor . The mont dues need a certain type of kick which can be difficult for people with fishy knees .

maintainece wise the mont is no more complex and very well made .

efi very efficient if a more trail based bike is wanted 

• Like 1

Mate just bought a Montesa because he has dodgy knees, i brought it around for me to have a ride of because i have a dodgy left knee

The Monty is a right side kick start which is good for me,he said to me don't try & kick it just get it to tdc then push lever through, i couldn't believe how easy it started !

• Like 1