BMX bicycle training for 2018 Trials Season

Lefebvre

Although I am quite old and that I could not practice that often on a bicycle, I think that buying a used BMX bicycle with front and rear brakes could get me started (before my first step in Trials next spring) with balance, weight transfer when climbing a 6" to 12" step as a starter and really trying to have a start at weight transfer from front to back or vice versa. The weight transfer and balance combine to throttle handling and clutch slipping and clutch habilities is so important from the info I get from video's and comment's in general. Ryan Young sure puts a picture to it when you watch his videos.

It might help until my first Trial season starts next April 2018?

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I practice on a trials bicycle and unicycle too. I am 57 years-old, and learning new skills on the bicycle really helps with my motorcycle skills, albeit at a very-slow pace! Here's a recent video of one of the best trials riders in the USA using all three forms to stay sharp during the winter. 

3 hours ago, oni nou said:

Pat Smageeeee has enough skill to be No 4 or 5 in the WTC ..Has he not got the funds to do it or does he get paid by Sherco to promote it in the USA.

Pat came over and rode in the Youth Championship in 2007.He did very well, but didn't take to life in Europe. A shame as he could have gone far, but no point in doing it if you're not happy.

Img_1739.thumb.jpg.c97ee7133aff3305db7c558dde26cdc9.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a BMX ...  for my son , and myself ..  I have been riding with him and It has made an improvement with my riding .. 

I know that trials cycles and BMX are different the bmx brakes are non existent and most of the tricks are done while moving , a trials cycle are strong on the breaks and most tricks are performed from stationary ... I found that a trials cycle were double the price , ... and I fancied a Bmx to ride with my son ...  

It has really helped with balance , and feels better suited than my mountain bike ..  I even took it to the skate park and showed the youngsters how its done .. :) 

• Like 1