Toni Bou Sidelined with 3 Broken Vertebrae

cackallacky

Speedy recovery wishes to Toni Bou!!

His X trial fall this past weekend was a wicked one...

Sounds like a minimum of 3 weeks out of competition.

When was the last time both the #1 & #2 riders were out from injury?

Hopefully, both are completely healed up and stay healthy for the outdoor TrialGP season.

Trials Life!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

I'm surprised it will heal as quickly as the report suggests, could have been a lot worse 

Same here, must be a stressful situation for Toni.  Fingers crossed for a smooth recovery.

Was this event being run under the same rules as the X-Trial, with the 6 minute time limit?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baldilocks said:

I'm surprised it will heal as quickly as the report suggests, could have been a lot worse 

They did say a "minimum" of 3 weeks, let's hope they're close to that estimate. Totally could have been much worse, did you see that slam?? Was hard!!

2 hours ago, oni nou said:

Yes very lucky ....Being extremely fit,with good flexibility and covered in muscle is going to help but sheer luck is a greater factor when it comes to crashing at any level on a trials bike.

Not that it was a factor in the Bou or Gelabert crashes but the stationary hop on the rear wheel technique has introduced more high risk sections to the indoor style sections.

Totally. I gotta say, I think a lotta luck was on his side there. Just the head slam alone could have sent him to the hospital. He looked like a rag doll hitting that concrete. Man.......

On 21/02/2018 at 1:34 AM, oni nou said:

Not that it was a factor in the Bou or Gelabert crashes but the stationary hop on the rear wheel technique has introduced more high risk sections to the indoor style sections.

Totally agree, and it starts to get a bit repetitive especially since Bou is so strong with it.

I thought the obstacles that Bou and Gelabert crashed on were good and have no complaints about them, but in hindsight should the FIM be looking at crash mats under sections?  And would Bou's injury be less severe had that section been made of wood?

55 minutes ago, worlez said:

I thought the obstacles that Bou and Gelabert crashed on were good and have no complaints about them, but in hindsight should the FIM be looking at crash mats under sections?  And would Bou's injury be less severe had that section been made of wood?

It'll probably raise the debate about back protectors being mandatory again.

This one makes me cringe every time . All the hay in the world wouldn’t have stopped him string hurt , i think crash mats is a great idea for indoors but would they actually solve anything , a lot of big steps these days are from floor height so you could only put them either side