Toni Bou Sidelined with 3 Broken Vertebrae

cackallacky

Section design needs a new direction. Riders have now mastered the huge step so it's become 0 or 5/ injury at x trial level. 

Easier outdoors to have more natural sections but indoors it's quite difficult..but indoor mx and enduro manage to import tonnes of earth to make a track. So why can't an indoor trial include more natural stuff ?

Playing the game to raga and bou's strengths isn't the answer.

• Like 3

Indoor mud - that’s the answer .

need to bring back it’s a knockout elastic  rope and fairy liguid on plastic sheets .

lets see bou and raga hop there way out of that while sliding backwards with an elastic band tied to their waste and some northern commentator laughing more than they can speak .

bring it on!! 

• Like 5

On 2/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, oni nou said:

Impressive....I usually end up crashing that heavily just riding along at 5 mph in a flat field after running over a piece of stone the size of a bar of soap.

I was there and watched that for real - looked nasty at the time .

as a btc clerk of course it’s a fine line between taking marks and hurting the top boys.

The move to no stop and no minders has reduced the severity  of section I have to put on. Spectators may think it’s not as exciting but has certainly helped me sleep at night.

Edited by jimmyl
spelling
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, jimmyl said:

Indoor mud - that’s the answer .

need to bring back it’s a knockout elastic  rope and fairy liguid on plastic sheets .

lets see bou and raga hop there way out of that while sliding backwards with an elastic band tied to their waste and some northern commentator laughing more than they can speak .

bring it on!! 

Don't forget the forgettable royal family !!

• Like 1

Unfortunately this was bound to happen. The issue of ever steeper, more dangerous sections to challenge improved bike and rider ability has been debated for many many years. I can remember Sammy Miller advocating a reduction of rear tyre size from 4.00 to 3.50 and that was before the michelin radial era.

Bou will almost certainly recover physically, but whether he recovers mentally and regains his confidence 100% is questionable.

It seems unlikely that organisers will want to reduce the spectacle of x trials. Therefore the compulsory wearing padded suits needs to be considered but even these are ineffective in preventing knee injuries such as those suffered by Michael Brown.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dadof2 said:

Unfortunately this was bound to happen. The issue of ever steeper, more dangerous sections to challenge improved bike and rider ability has been debated for many many years. I can remember Sammy Miller advocating a reduction of rear tyre size from 4.00 to 3.50 and that was before the michelin radial era.

Bou will almost certainly recover physically, but whether he recovers mentally and regains his confidence 100% is questionable.

It seems unlikely that organisers will want to reduce the spectacle of x trials. Therefore the compulsory wearing padded suits needs to be considered but even these are ineffective in preventing knee injuries such as those suffered by Michael Brown.

yes but brown hurt his knee outdoors. Bou will be back, he wont worry about this youre wrong. Again.

23 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

yes but brown hurt his knee outdoors. Bou will be back, he wont worry about this youre wrong. Again.

Second time Micheal brown did his knees in ssdt Park ferme I recall - I guess agrivated original injury 

• Like 1

No stop just hasn't worked for me it's a farce. But can sections be designed in such a way that the rider doesn't have the opportunity or is at a disadvantage if they stop to set up / prepare for the next jump ?

Applying a time limit and making the sections longer just led to the better riders getting further ahead. Watching Bou at the Scottish round he could land his wheels right first time whereas most others needed two or three hops to get the position they needed. Over the course of a section they just ran out of time. 

Applying time limits and the sump rule to current indoor sections is just dangerous.

We don't want it's a knockout but some earth getting dragged onto sections would reduce grip and give 1st rider an advantage instead of hopping from one dry rock to the next ?

Hmmm. Received this yesterday from the FIM:

"Despite the best efforts of 2Play, the promoter of the FIM X-Trial World Championship, we hereby announce that the event originally scheduled to take place in Seville, Spain on 8 March has been cancelled. The FIM and 2Play are looking for a replacement venue that will be communicated as soon as possible."

A replacement round has been added to the calendar as a "To Be Advised", but at the end of the season.

I smell a "Lets give Toni time to recover" rat <_<

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Arguably the best trials rider of all time has just broke his back. Time for change ? Farre's crash last night was yet another lucky escape 

Like group B rallying and Formula 1, perhaps it's time for changes to be made to the bikes themselves to improve safety ... but what could change?

22 hours ago, andy said:

Hmmm. Received this yesterday from the FIM:

"Despite the best efforts of 2Play, the promoter of the FIM X-Trial World Championship, we hereby announce that the event originally scheduled to take place in Seville, Spain on 8 March has been cancelled. The FIM and 2Play are looking for a replacement venue that will be communicated as soon as possible."

A replacement round has been added to the calendar as a "To Be Advised", but at the end of the season.

I smell a "Lets give Toni time to recover" rat <_<

my guess is it's a ticket sales thing... it shouldn't be, but I wouldn't be surprised if thats it.  

I know I would still go if I was nearby and Toni couldn't. Would be a bit bummed but still.

I hope that's it at least.  

But no matter what, I hope Toni heals up quick.