Sherco footpegs strange position

luckydim

Hi guys,

We have just purchased the Sherco 2.9. The position of footpegs is strange - they are tilted down a little. Is it a Sherco feature for more comfortable feet position or the previous owner just was too heavy and has bent them down?

sherco-pegs2.jpg

sherco-pegs1.jpg

Effects of wear I'm afraid. Drooping footrests happen on trials bikes after a certain amount of use. Yours is a fairly extreme example.

It's surprising how many people ride with footrests like this as the loss of control through insecure boot placement is significant. Replace.

Edited by cleanorbust

Repaired a worn footrest last night. As described above the hole in the rest had elongated allowing the rest to droop. I drilled the hole bigger and finished with a ream to 15mm. The ream was probably not necessary but It happened to be within the range of the only adjustable reamer I have and it makes a rounder hole. Drill from the best side and that will act as a pilot for the elongated side. I then made a new bush to suit in alloy as I don't think it wears but creeps. All fitted seems to work OK, the rest is weakened slightly but they were designed to be used by stuntmen so club trialling will be fine

• Like 1