Beta evo 250 jumping out of gear?

justjosh9

Okay so it seems to happen regularly to me that my bike jumps out of second into neutral. It’s happened in a couple of sections and yesterday when I was at the top of a hill.. which lead to a painful crash. I’m always very wary of really clicking it up into second from first.. Is this a beta problem or just something on my bike. It doesn’t seem to happen to anyone else ?

im thinking of swapping it in for a gas gas anyway ?

I have never had a shifting problem on a Beta. `86 `89 `92 `95 `96 `97 `00`01`02`03 `06`10`16. I would bet you are hitting the shifter some how. Good luck with the Gasser. It does some things better. Rear brake and easier to get up under cut ledges. It breaks better too.

The Beta Evo 250 2013 and early 2014 had this issue.  It was the selector forks were too thin/springy.  They would jump out of first or second, mid section.  That was the main reason that I sold mine.

There was plenty written about it here perhaps three years ago.

• 1 month later...

I've had 4 Evo's 2Ts, and they have all had issues popping out of gear, both 1st and 2nd. It always seems to happen shortly after putting it in gear. So before I enter the section I try to ride around a bit in the gear I will be usuing. That has greatly reduced the popping out at a critical time.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:48 PM, thesolidman1 said:

I've had 4 Evo's 2Ts, and they have all had issues popping out of gear, both 1st and 2nd. It always seems to happen shortly after putting it in gear. So before I enter the section I try to ride around a bit in the gear I will be usuing. That has greatly reduced the popping out at a critical time.

Yep, same problem on my 2013 300 2T, less likely to happen if i put it in first, rode a bit then snicked it into second. If i shifted from nuetral straight into second more likely to happen. My 2014 model did it less, and it has never happened on my 2017 250 2T.