TY 175 airbox to carb hose

steve1979

Hi guys,

TY is coming along, getting to the point of rebuilding. Zinc plating everything before paint is taking an age but hopefully worth it. Bit of a mistake by myself, the stainless spokes I ordered are wrong for the front. The rear laced up good, still need to true it up etc but I've had to re order new front spokes, had to compromise this time so there coming galvanised. I'll post up some pics of how she's looking so far. 

Back to to the main point though, I have searched for the inlet pipe between airbox and carb and I can't find one anywhere, does anyone know where this can be purchased or is there an alternative that fits or is it a case of make your own out of flexible hose?

thanks 

steve

I was going to suggest www.claussstudios.com as they supplied the reproduction pipe for my TY250. Their eBay name is djia

If you can find someone who is prepared to lend them the pipe off theirs then they will take a pattern off it & add them to their range

Thanks Tony27, I had a look at that company you suggested. It looks like the answer. Probably finding a pipe to send away will be a bit of a job. If all else fails I've found 43mm flexible pipe in black and I can make one up. I contacted yambits who are excellent to deal with but unfortunately they can't supply or recommend an alternative. 

Thanks John, that should be us all sorted now :) 

here is some pics of the rebuild so far. Everyone likes a picture or two ?

It's not the correct bars, just ones I had lying around. I'll need to get ones with a 5" rise I think. The originals were past it. Much like the whole bike was before I started it. 

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like 1

no problem steve glad to help just looking at the project and thought it might be a good idea to machine some weight off that flywheel and make the bike more responsive .up to you of course .my majesty is highly modified thats why i had the hose left over. nice job though keep it up.

6 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Ouch! That's one sad motorbike. I'm glad you rescued her, but I think I would have left it to the scrappy.

I did have that moment of..what have I started when I got her home. My sons TY 80 was fully worse though and she came up good. What I thought would be a quick rebuild enough to get him in the hill, turned into full engine rebuild. New spokes etc it's not long in turning expensive, by then you've gone to far to stop. A couple of bits were compromises but I'll replace them as I find genuine parts. 

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikestat said:

no problem steve glad to help just looking at the project and thought it might be a good idea to machine some weight off that flywheel and make the bike more responsive .up to you of course .my majesty is highly modified thats why i had the hose left over. nice job though keep it up.

Thanks John, that's something I've never considered was having the likes of the flywheel machined, but an excellent suggestion! Some food for thought there. Once she's up and running I can start modifying and making improvements. looking forward to getting out on her. See how different it compares to the gas gas. 

10 hours ago, bikestat said:

Does lightening the flywheel make the bike stall easier or reduce pulling power at low rpm ?