txt linkage play

shipdamite

Evening all,

2005 txt pro

I have looked into this before by phoning gas gas uk, but seeking further opinions please. is it normal - when bike is on a stand, that there is a small amount of play in the linkage when lifting wheel - as it just doesnt seem right to me (although gguk said it was 'normal')

I don't want to chase the impossible (no play) if its normal, but I also dont want to cause further problems by leaving it if it isnt 'normal'

thoughts appreciated.

cheers

Evening all,

2005 txt pro

I have looked into this before by phoning gas gas uk, but seeking further opinions please. is it normal - when bike is on a stand, that there is a small amount of play in the linkage when lifting wheel - as it just doesnt seem right to me (although gguk said it was 'normal')

I don't want to chase the impossible (no play) if its normal, but I also dont want to cause further problems by leaving it if it isnt 'normal'

thoughts appreciated.

cheers

My 2003 has some up and down play in the rear linkage when on the stand.  Not sure how much play, just that I can lift the rear tire and it is noticeable.

The play is still there even after replacing all of the linkage bearings.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for that. I tried to phone the GasGas UK tech dept today, but no answer ..... I just wanted to check that I didnt get the 'new apprentice' last time! Saying that, it is reassuring to learn that Zippy didnt get the play out with new bearings.

Will try GasGas tech again though, just for another opinion.

I am probably fussing, but I like things to be right on my bikes.

Thanks again all.

Just to pick this up again ......

Top shock mount ok.

Spoke to Andy, one of the tech's at gas gas uk and he said that the play is quite usual - not all bikes have it, but most do - even brand new ones.

He and another tech, Kevin, have looked into this on a new bike and decided that the play (providing all of the componant parts are good) is down to the combined play between the bolts and the bearings and the grease gap in the bearings.

So, the advice is ..... it is an inconsistant normality.

Thank you all for your help on this - much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...