Trials new boy!!

Husie200

Hi all, new member to the forum. Been riding bikes for 30 plus years but only just getting into trials!

Just bought myself a Sherco 200, helmet, boots gloves etc, and looking forward to doing my first 'beginners' trial at the end of March.

Looking for any tips, locations in the north west where I can have a practice etc, and thanks in advice for any information received.

thanks all,

Husie

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts are you? I'm based in Warrington and its normally an hours drive for anywhere to practice. Whitewell Farm is pretty good and only 9 quid for the day, 

Did my first trial a couple of weeks ago and they are a really friendly bunch. Manchester 17 club have a dead easy trial on the Easter Saturday, I believe it's near Buxton, they have a pretty good website too.

Only other advice I can give is don't practice alone, it's more fun and safer with a partner.

Cheers for the quick reply! I'm in Formby so not too far away! I just missed the last mcr17 dead easy trail last week and I think the next one is sometime around Easter. I've been going for a while with my brother in law and and few of his mates, so hopefully, they'll be looking after me (or taking the p**s)!!

Not heard of whitewell farm, so I'll search that and have a look.

I've observed at a few, and I agree, trials riders do seem generally a pretty friendly bunch, always saying 'thank you' etc at the end of the section, so hopefully, they'll be gentle with me ;-)

12 minutes ago, sirdabalot said:

About time, you'll wonder why you didn't start earlier. By the way, you've bought one of my favourite trials bikes. 

I've been wondering already if I've left it to late (just 50 ish) although I've been riding for many years, if that'll count for much........probably not a lot!

Couldn't resist the Sherco, it was someone's toy and hardly been used. Apart from a slight scratch on the rear mudguard, there isn't a mark on it........even the underside of the bash plate is like new!! 

13 minutes ago, blueflag said:

Go up to inch perfect for the day, great fun, pretty cheap on your own bike.

I'm doing the next Manchester 17 Dead easy on the 31st of March, be good to meet up!

I'm away for Easter, so will not be able to get to the March one. The one after is early May, so i'll certainly get to that one. I work not too far from Inch Perfect, so i'll pop in and have a chat

to them and see if i can book a days practice/training as I think it'll be money well spent.