Tyre weight

mrmend

Does anyone know where I can find 400 x 18 trials tyre weights. The manufactures seem loath to advertise their weights. The ones I am interested in are Michelin X11, Mitas ET01, Dunlop, all tubeless.

Thanks.

When I swapped to the 300rr Mont I changed a load of wheel / Tyre combinations and weighed them before and after  - sad I know. I was going to post results on TC but seem to recall the inaccuracy of the measuring method - (bathroom scales - the better half was out) and the minimal difference I recall meant the findings were less exciting than I had thought at the start.   

basic conclusion was that the X11s are heavier tha X lights.

The Wheel on a std 260 Mont are heavier than the ones on a 2008 250 and also the 300rr.

Seem to recall there was about 1/2 to 1 kg between the worse combination and the best - with the weather looking a bit ify I may get chance to post the results. 

But if you are comparing Mitas with Dunlop with X11 then I maybe the slight weight difference isn't your greatest concern - if you want the best and lightest as said above  -Michelin X light.  

Edited by jimmyl
spelling
  • Like 1

The depth is very short, so short I left my used michelin on and put rhe new Dunlop front on a bike I was selling. i just bought two sets of michelins for our bikes and two dunlop rears for practice tires.. The new Dunlop fronts might be ok with some, but I will stay with the Michelin.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 7:45 AM, lineaway said:

The depth is very short, so short I left my used michelin on and put rhe new Dunlop front on a bike I was selling. i just bought two sets of michelins for our bikes and two dunlop rears for practice tires.. The new Dunlop fronts might be ok with some, but I will stay with the Michelin.

I noticed less grip with the 803GP but I assumed it was due to fewer knobs than the Michelin, hence fewer edges to bite ( I didn't count them but since they are larger on the Dunlop I assume there are less). I too will stick Michelin fronts from now on. The 803GP seems to work fine on the rear for me and costs significantly less than the Michelin so I'll likely keep using those.