1993 Fantic KeyRoo 212 - Help?

nathanh777

Picked up a great running '93 Fantic KeyRoo 212. Runs great but I questioned how it was set up after I got it home. I noticed a tube running from the top of the tranny to the top of the carb. Upon further thought, I pulled the plug and noticed how black it was (running rich). Then I saw how milky the oil was in the sight glass on the tranny. Obviously the previous owner didn't know what they were doing. So I got this part rectified. My question is, does anyone have a manual? Or a link to download? I need to know how much oil to add to the tranny - half way up the sight glass? I will do a flush with some full synthetic 5w30, run it, flush it, and run it again. Oil/fuel mixture is 70:1? Also, I need a new clutch cable, or the specs to make one. Currently I am running a honda trail90 cable to get me by. But cannot confirm it is giving the clutch the right throw to operate properly because the carb sucked all the oil out of the case and clutch will not dissengage! Interesting bike. Hoping to compete with it in 2 weeks. Any input appreciated!

I have heard this from others, however, somebody would have had to go through a lot of trouble to switch it to cable. I think the 212cc model was originally cable. Unless it's not even the stock 212 motor. Anywhere online I can reference the serial numbers? And thank you.

No sir, I don't own a WB Fantic.  That one was for sale up in your neck of the woods, just wanted to know if you were the one that snapped it up.  Can't tell by the blurry pics, but it does appear to have a cable clutch. 

I have a 1991 K-Roo project bike that I can measure the clutch cable length, inner/outer and nipple diameters if this helps. I might find a link to a manual, but need to look first. If the clutch will not disengage, then the plates are very likely stuck together probably due to lack of use and will need to be stripped and cleaned. Gearbox oil is fine with ATF Dexron III, I don't know the quantity yet. Bye, Peter B.

I would really appreciate that or clutch cable specs from your '91. So appeciated! Also, upon further investigation I came up with the following diagnosisFinal diagnosis: Found out why the clutch would no longer disengage, even manually pushing the lever on the case - previous owner connected both the breather on the carb (cylinder vacuum) and the breather on the tranny with a tube. bike ran great, but when running, it sucked tranny oil in to the carb (which explains the blackened spark plug). Then when the bike was shut off, anything at the top of the carb would push out through the breather hose and back in to the tranny- which explains the milky oil in the tranny sight glass. running the motor as long as i did during inspections sucked enough tranny oil out and burned through the carb, depleting lubrication in the case. hence, no disengagement of the clutch. lots to do this weekend, but i think im gonna have a competition-ready bike soon!

The know all man for Fantics is Bill Pye in the UK. Don't know his number unfortunately but somebody on here will surely be able to help very quickly. If he doesn't know the answer, then there is no answer!!