Fan spins, but not fast ('17 txt 250) SOLVED

mbeers6

Hey everyone, got a problem with my 2017 txt 250 E4 (US model). Noticed today the bike was spewing coolant and the fan IS spinning but very slowly (I can stop it with my finger). Bike runs fine otherwise.

SOLVED!!!!  Turns out the plugs in the photo below should be connected BUT the main reason was that I headlight switch on and no headlight attached. Meaning once I turned the headlight switch to off and connected the wires, fan came on full speed. Hope this might help someone else that runs into same problem. 

I believe the problem is that I'm not getting 12V to the fan as when I apply 12 V to the fan from a separate battery it goes full speed. So I tested the voltage at the connect that the fan plugs into and its only 1.6 volts!  I've checked and cleaned the stator connectors down by the carb, the ECU connector and the voltage regulator connector....all looked okay. 

So how do I diagnose the problem from here? Assuming I must check voltage output from stator then check the voltage regulator.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by mbeers6
solved